Is Tein suspension all its cracked up to be?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraenthusiest

I am asking this because i am thinking of getting a coilover system from them and just want some opinions of what u guys think of them b4 i lay down the big $$.

ive ridden in and driven a few cars with teins
in my oppinion they fucking suck (well ok maybe not THAT bad but still not worth it)

i am MUCH happier with my tanabe sustec pro ss coilovers than ANY teins i have experienced
most have said the same thing after riding in / driving my car

this is a little off subject but i was wondering why the skunk2 drag racing springs are not advised to be used on the street? Is this maybe because the ride is to harsh for normal street driving?

yup

the rears are VERY stiff and usually taller (to keep the weight from transfering to the rears under acceleration)

have teins
hate teins
will never buy teins again

get something else if theres something else in your budget.

i have teins and i love them, some people just don't know how to adjust them to their liking ;)

Got them, love them... but yes, something like the Tanabe or the even higher priced coilover setups are going to be better. Tein makes excellent entry to mid level coilover systems, and they have some pretty decent higher level offerings too.

I don't think they are the -ish out on the market but they are pretty good, agreed with Calesta, based on my experience.

IMO, Koni Yellows and custom rate Ground Controls will hand just as well, if not better than any off the shelf coilover system. Konis can be rebuilt, made double adjustable, and shortened right here in the US at a variety of shops. There used to be a shock dyno graph of a couple JDM 'bling coilovers compared to an off the shelf koni, and the Koni was a much nicer shock, and with the Koni/GC combo, you have some green left over.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 6 2004, 09:25 PM
definitely a good value.

$1000+ ? value?

illumina + ground control is value for nearly the same thing.

for $400, i'm even happier than anyone else who has a full coilover setup. my spring/strut combo is great.

call me cheap, but i wouldnt fork out that much money for suspension. i wouldnt, unless you are really going to put it to work at autox.. if not, koni yellows are badass. gc coilovers are badass :thumbsup:

:werd:

I paid less than twice that for my FLEX setup, but I got mine brand spanking new with the pillowball mounts too.

:D

get tanabe coilovers system and that would work great tein isnt as good as ppl think ,

Is there a good setup specifically for a 90-91 CRX w/ b16a swap? I know it does add more weight to the front. I have GC coil-overs and KYB AGX shocks. Any suggestions for the front to stiffen a little better with that extra weight in the front? Also is there any way I could get stiffer springs and throw them on the GC coil-over to replace the eibach ones? Or would I benifit from better shocks in the front?

Back