is that illegal??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i went out to take the ol' tgl for a spin (drive it to work) and i parked it on the other side of our street cuz there's no room in the driveway and there was a car parked on our side of the street...the ppl across the street put a note on my car to "please park on your side of the street or we'll have you towed"...can they rightfully say that? it kinda pisses me off...where the hell else was i supposed to park???

maybe i should use the instrument of death i've converted my driver side headlite into :angry:

depends on the local laws of your community. some communities got local statutes....

where i live, you can park wherever the fuck you want, but i think there is a rule that if the car is parked over a certain amount of days.....2 weeks? it can be towed.

leave them a note on their winsheild telling them if they like their cat in a non-microwavable form, to please and kindly fuckoff. :D

hahahahha what the fuck?

No they can't have your car towed, they don't own the street, the city does.

I know those people...and yes, they suck.

leave them a note on their winsheild telling them if they like their cat in a non-microwavable form, to please and kindly fuckoff.

haha it'd actually be dog, but yeah they'd get the point.

I'll bet it was Brian...the damn dude is 22 and still lives at home with his mommy. I don't feel pathetic anymore. w00t.

and not to diss...

but you say you drive a tgl taurus?

maybe the sight of your car parked in front of their driveway is in their minds depreciating the value of their house.

when i was with my ex ex ex gf, they lived in a multimillion dollar house in mission viejo. her dad got pissed when her step sister's (a hot 16 year old piece of ass) dumbass surfer boyfriend parked his shitbucket truck in front of the house.

no dude...diss the car...its a POS. i diss it daily. bahahaha

TGL = taurus GL model.

Save that note and maybe nicely chat with people over at your city hall or the local police station. Just act concerned and all innocent about it. No anger. And also emphasize that you normally would park in front of your house on your side of the street, but there was another car there at the time. Show them the note and see what they say. I would think that they'll all have a good laugh over it. Just don't pick any fights with your neighbors.

You have every right to park on a public street.

On second thought...I bet it was michelle...goddamn hoes...

I know that they can't have a car towed unless it's been sitting there for weeks on end (as tony said). You could park your car down by Schnelker Park and they couldn't do shit about it.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Apr 26 2004, 10:20 PM
Save that note and maybe nicely chat with people over at your city hall or the local police station. Just act concerned and all innocent about it. No anger. And also emphasize that you normally would park in front of your house on your side of the street, but there was another car there at the time. Show them the note and see what they say. I would think that they'll all have a good laugh over it. Just don't pick any fights with your neighbors.

ya but you gotta wonder....

if they get pissed off enough...

you might come back to 4 flat tires

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Apr 26 2004, 10:22 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@Apr 26 2004, 10:20 PM

He didn't bother to mention, but their dad is a cop...so I really doubt the tires thing.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Apr 26 2004, 11:22 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@Apr 26 2004, 10:20 PM

Well the idea is NOT to antagonize them... such as in the future always parking across the street in front of their house when the rest of the street is empty. Since their dad is a cop (btw, how old are these people anyway?) then again, just play innocent and visit the police station and drop their name. Be pleasant and act puzzled. Word will get around...

id make sure they cant have a car towed just for being in front of their house

then id get a camera and a 24+ hour recording VCR... make sure the camera will record with good clarity at night as well... set it up nice and stealthy and park my car in front of their house every fucking day

then when they do decide to fuck with it

b00-yah... got the fuckers on tape doing it

then id have a field day with those fuckers

hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions...i just got home from work, and LO AND FUCKING BEHOLD, there was the guy's truck that lives across the street...so i've decided to write a note back to him...it goes...a little something...like this:

"Re:please...
If there were room in front of my own house, i would have gladly parked there. and since when do you own a PUBLIC street. oh and if you'd pull up to the edge of the parking area, there'd be room for TWO cars!"

i'm not worried about antagonizing, not like i ever actually talk to them anyways...

oh my GOD...i come home from work tonight at 12:30, and the moron parked his huge freakin truck in front of MY house!!! no car in front of his house...no car in his friggin driveway...maybe i'll just let the air out of his tires...or just the ones on the passenger side so he won't notice till he starts driving, or sits in his monster truck and it's leaning completely to the passenger side!!! i smell a small war coming on...someone talk me out of it! or into it...:boxing:

you dont want a neighbor as an enemy. trust me, i have one that lives behind me..

just confront him about it and tell him to chill the fuck out.

Mark you fuck with someone elses car, *I* will beat the fuck out of you.

If there's one thing I hate, it's when people fuck with other peoples cars.

Remember how pissed I was when someone stole shit out of my shitty 92 GT? hmmm yeah.

Just go over ther eand talk to him.

Brian won't bite...i don't think. Just explain to him that it's public property and to ask his dad.

Then explain when YOU get home and one of their friends are parked in your spots then you can park where ever you want.

what are you going to do to defend yourself? run and hide? :p

Back