is the innovatice competion bar a traction bar?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freezy

i want to get a traction bar and im looking at this one. Innovative Mounts '88-'91 Civic/CRX Competition Bar | Password JDM. now i know usuually traction bars get bolted where your stock tow hooks go. this one gets bolted on the bottom where your stock crossmember gets bolted. what my question is will this do the same thing as a regualr traction bar and will it be just as good. thanks guys.

88-91 Civics, 90-93 Integras and Accords/Preludes have a stock "traction bar"; so any aftermarket traction bar would just replace the stock one. The stock mounts work just fine.

Though, some aftermarket pieces for those models use both the stock mounts and tow hook mounts:

Here's my ESP bar that uses the tow hook mounts and one of the original mounts:
100_2442.jpg

Last edited:
The heim joint is there in place of the big rubber bushings to help the flex of the LCA.

The one I have now is actually pretty beefy; heavier than the Avid and ETD bar I had before. There's nothing wrong with the Innovate bar at all though, plenty of people running them with zero issues. If anything, just avoid the ETD/K-Tuned bar; they have different generations but the one I had didn't even fit right and the components felt "lower quality" than ESP and Avid(Aurora bearings). The Avid bar was only returned due to mfg error(I had pretty much the first or second production 2nd generation bar); it just took too long to fix so I just got the ESP.

yea no doubt man. i appreciate all the info. i have a good feeling about this innovative bar. seems easy and looks like it will work pretty well. after installed ill post back.

and i just realized i put this in the "ew" forum not the "ef" sorry fellas lol

efhondakid is right. if your making any power the front joints just move around and your alignment is worthless. You also have traction problems cause is moving so much. I have a Innovative Comp bar and its great in my 90 EF LS/B18 turbo:driver:

Back