Is the S2k discontinuation bs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Alright I was just on another board and talked about the discontinuation of the S2k for the XGA and they said it was an April Fools joke that spread rampant.

I check the post date on the S2kinternational site and it turns out to be March 31st, so was it all bullshit?

There's still going to be a S2k and no XGA?

No clue. I have heard from quite a few reputable sources that the S2k is going to be killed, but you never know.

MXDesa said:
Im at Honda. There are no plans to discontinue the S2000 yet or production plans for the XGA.

any word on a replacement for the insight???

E_SolSi said:
any word on a replacement for the insight???
The insight is already reaching its production limit you could say. This model life is already aging and a redesign is already in the works. It most likely will be called the insight again but the name could change. But it will essentially remain the same car. Similar technology, similar layout, just completely different look.

maybe they make it slightly more efficient! the insight is a badass little car and a sight to see when E autocrossed it.

I believe I have heard rumor the 2007 honda fit will have the insight power plant.

pissedoffsol said:
2008 for the insight/fit i think....

and the s2k is dead next year i think.

See s2ki says that it was all bs rumors, and pointed out that the s2k is surpassing the 5year old model that honda normally replaces its car with.

I always thought the s2k was selling too well to discontinue. Apparently since the article that was posted here, was on the eve of April 1st, and there's no press release from Honda, I'm going to go with the fact that it was an April fools joke.

pissedoffsol said:
2008 for the insight/fit i think....

and the s2k is dead next year i think.

The FIT isn't a hybrid yet - no set date for that. What Honda wants to do is phase out the conventional powerplant set up and make all their vehicles in hybrid form. The S2K is not set to discontinue yet.

Back