is there an easier way to pull out the motor?! please help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_EF_Hatch

Señor Member
we are trying to pull the motor out on my 93 Integra, but the tranny is catching on the edge of the frame, and it doesnt wanna come out. We are gonna just pull the tranny off and take em out one at a time but if there is an easier way someone please help!

you can pull as one piece. just jiggle it around a bit and tilt it a bit to the side so the tranny basically comes up last.

put it so theres slack on the trans side..then lift it right out..ive never had a problem with the trans catching..even in my ef's

A friend introduced me to a way about 2 months ago

If you can get the car high enough, (preferably a lift) you can unbolt the upper control arms from shock tower
and the motor/trans mounts, electrical, vacuum, coolant lines (of course). Its really quick if you can get the car up high
enough (after everything is unbolted). I was kinda blown away (although i know this isn't the newest way.

If everything is already unbolted, get a cherry picker and it comes out. Tilt the motor higher then the trans and
it come out with some gentle giggle wiggle (AKA put slack on the trans side like what was stated in the above post)

Tilt the whole motor/transmission assembly to the left, a lot. Pull it out pulley side high, trans side low.

I have replaced the Ignition Control Module, Rotor, and the Ignition coil. I have the voltage going into the distributor, but no spark .......

Could someone shed some light on the situation? im about to just tow my car up to a shop and have them finish it, but i would love to get it done myself. I just dont have the time to waste messing around, ive been at this swap for almost a month now. help?

Back