Is there an easier way?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Okay well some of you may of read my thread of someone jackin' my shit so yea, Well now I'm trying to remove this dasboard trim and I simply think it was made now to come off or its just a royal bitch.

So here are the pics of this thing lemme know if you guys can help me get this thing off.

s40d61675c834d.jpg

s40d616bae0cb7.jpg

It's amazing that they got it off in the first place. Behind the CD/AC side of it are about a good half dozen screws. On the panel dim side there are another 4-6 screws. Unless you have one of the small nub philips screwdrivers, you are gonna have to take the entire dash out to get to the screws.

You might wanna make sure that the tabs to screw thru on the CD side are still there or else you wont be able to secure that side of the bezel to the actual dash.

Usually they just "clip" in. Is there any way to tell how its fastened by looking at the pieces that are already broken out?

I know how they are fastened they are screwed in with phillips but I don't know how to get to the screws it looks unreachable

Originally posted by Import R@Jun 20 2004, 06:23 PM
Unless you have one of the small nub philips screwdrivers, you are gonna have to take the entire dash out to get to the screws.

I wasn't joking, or trying to be an ass. I took my dash out a couple weeks ago to remove my heater core and AC components. I took that part off to paint it, and the only way it comes off is by taking the entire dash off.

I just replaced that trim piece on my hatch. You have to take off the whole dash board to do it, it sounds involved but it is pretty easy.Because the trim piece is screwed in from the back. If you want a pic showing how to remove the dash pm me and i'll gladly send it to ya.

If you can hold out till tomorrow, I can grab you some pics. Writing it down step by step without pics might be a little confusing if you have'nt ever done it before.

Back