is there any truth?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

okay, so tonight, i met this guy that claims he has a 13 second all-motor 90 integra. okay, no real reason to doubt, until he tells me his set up.
b16 from a 96 sir (alright, b16's got great potential)
11:1 c/r (okay, semi high, but thats like a stock type-r)
skunk 2, stage 1 cams (hold on a minute, this is starting to sound like bs)
i asked him what kinda engine management he's running, because sure, maybe 13's would be possible with an awesome tune.
NO TUNING, he said his uncle did something to the car, and he doesnt know what...WTF?
NO INTERNALS
He said he had a stage 2 clutch...didnt say what brand.
So before i go call this guy a punk ass liar and race him for money at tracks, do you guys think there is ANY possibility that somebody with this setup in an integra could run a 13 second time?

ever think that he may not be telling you the truth about his engine, maybe he has hondata, internals etc. But if he is telling the truth I highly doubt he is running 13's with that setup.

without internals, there's no way to run 11:1.

sir2's run 10.4

.6 from a headgasket? negative.
even without a gasket it wouldn't gain that much.

that said, jdmilan went low 13s on a b16 hatch all motor on slicks.....

^^ Yup, SiR2 with 2 layer headgasket, Gutted ride and slicks..........13.3^^

if his car is stripped, and gets decent traction - why not but who knows ??, if he is lying then fuck him.

my ride weighed in at 1980lbs at the track and the scaled could be off there - gutted, as in No AC, no hardlines, no carpet, no seatbelts, ONE seat, the dash, no heatercore, no front and rear bumper supports, CF hood, anything to shield off road debree was taken out.

I had an S4 tranny, fidanza flywheel and clutchnet clutch.

P28ecu with Skunk2 map - 5700vtecX, and 8500revlimiter

ITR 4-1 header, Apex WS exhaust, test pipe, CAI "generic" heat wrapped, etc..w/ blitz filter, fresh plugs wires..etc...

GSR radiator, lower degree thermo, and cap,,yada yada yada

GSR stockers in the front with baby slicks.

I drove this car for a while about 1.5 years with no problems, except for a faulty distributor when I got her initially running. Sold the fucker to some kid in Dallas :( to get out of some debt... :ph34r:

if you are willing to take the weight out and driveability, it can be done.

Jerome from SohFast.com ran the same time as me but an Gutted VX hatch, B18B NONVTEC motor with a GSR tranny, clutch, his 12lb flyhweel, and slicks.

I have a b16 in my 90 teg. My mods are, Aem Cai, Dc 4-1 Header, full cat back, vafc. There is no way my car can run even close to 13's.

yah, i have a 91 integra myself....and i run 13's, but i am running 9 psi on a b16...if i knew that i could run 13's with cams and a thinner headgasket i would have...but i am pretty sure this guy is a fuckin liar.

I have learned not to trust people when they tell me what they got in their engine especally when you dont know the fool that well.

My buddy has a 90 HB with a B16 in it. He shows me all the time and it looks like it has short ram intake and the rest is stock. He beat me when he had that setup. He recently got a B20 bottom end so I know he will smoke me badly now.

:cliffs:
The moral of the story is, anything is possible.

dude, regardless of an "integra" last I checked Tony Shagday was running the fastest all motor car in the country "yes it was about a year or two ago when Erick took it from him, in a COUPE."

it doesn't matter what the hell you drive, as long as the fucker is LIGHT

1700lb Civic Hatch and 1700lb Integra.........what difference desides drag coefficient.

either way, if he ran it then great, if not then fuck him..............you'll never find out.;

Back