1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There Intake For An Hf

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by chad123, Apr 13, 2003.

1. chad123

chad123 Member

i need a air intake for my 88 crx hf but i dont think they make one.... Does anyone know if there is a good substitute cuz i need a little bit more power untill get my swap..thanks

2. MugenCRX

MugenCRX Senior Member

Ya, just buy the aem cai for dx or si, they will both fit, :D cause aem is bomb diggity!

3. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

the si and dx throtle bodies are in different places... the SI and HF have very similar intake manifolds, and the throtle bodies are in the same place so a Intake for a CRX or civic si, should work...

4. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

The only thing with the hf is I think that where the intake attaches to the manifold might be a different diameter. If it is then I would swap an SI intake manifold on, you mgiht gain a little power with the si ecu, but DO NOT quote me on this.

5. legutki

legutki Senior Member

i had a hf and got a si cai. the only problem is the throttle body is much smaller so i went to the hardware store and got a rubber plumbing reducer. it worked real well

6. WhItE90CRX

WhItE90CRX Member

I bought a crx hf with a ractive (craptive) intake on it... i wouldnt really waste my time doing up this motor tho it only make 62 ( or mabey it is 67) hp at the crank. Just keep that money you were gonna spend on an intake and keep saving till you can afford a swap. You could get a ZC swap for about 1300 that is about 130 hp but you would still have your stock axels, tranny ecu... blah blah.

7. Civic_88ls

Civic_88ls Senior Member

dude u can get a ls swap for about 1500 and zc u can get cheaper but its not worth it. save for ls or b16

8. whatdahieu

whatdahieu Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted