is there such thing as GSR OBD2.5?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hi guys, I am not sure if there is such thing as obd2.5 on a 2000-01 GSR. I bid on a type r ecu, which is an obd2 type r on ebay. the guy said he bought it for his 00-01(im not sure exactly which year, but one of those) and he said the type r ecu which is an obd2 wont fit his 00-01 GSR that is obd2.5. is there such an ecu as obd2.5? he said one of the pluge of his GSR ecu is different from one of the type r ecu, that's why he had to sell it. I talk to the guy on the phone, he doesnt sounds like he is legit. so, what do you guys think about the obd2.5 ecu for his gsr? should I go ahead and buy the type r ecu from him or not? thanks

Only Type R Ecu that would be like that is if he got the Civic Type R Ecu. The Integra Type R Ecu is all OBDIIa. But if its a USDM, I wouldn't get it for it might have the immobilizer feature. Belive its on 99+ integras USDM.

the type R ecu is pretty worthless anyway.

chip a p28, and tune it with a vafc.

Isnt a p28 is an ecu from 92-95 civic ex, si??? not sure. I look all over ebay to get chip p72 obd2 but i didnt find any. I only find chip p72 obd1 & obd0 and those wont fit my car since my car is an obd2 and all the plugs are different. this might be a stupid guestion, but why would anyone wanna use a chip p28 instead of a stock p72??? Maybe i could chip my stock ecu but I dont want to do that cause i have no idea on chipping ecu and I would rather buy an upgraded one such as the type r or mugen ecu(this costs a lot) but thanks for the hellp guys

Back