Is this 98 Accord worth buying?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dlauth

98 Honda Accord EX
104xxx miles
Manual transmission
Cloth interior
Sunroof
CD player
Power doors/locks
Keyless Entry
Hot heat/ Cold AC

*Needs repair
*Damage on front driver side bumper and behind rear passenger side door (shown in pictures)

Just bought a new car so I need the money!

$2800 OBO

Apparently there is front end damage from another car running a stop sign and hitting it and the rear quarter is damaged from sliding off the road and hitting a fence post.

Also, the "needs repair" part is a low idle and the chick thinks its the clutch going out. It shifts fine so I think it is just a dirty IACV.

KBB in Fair condition is $3460. Would this car be considered fair based on what you know and see?

2udunn6.jpg

iw6ecz.jpg

2mhbu36.jpg

Let me know if it is still worth the price.

Can you do body work your self? If so, then it might be a decent deal. Otherwise though, I'd skip it. You'd probably end up paying more by buying this car and getting the body fixed then you would if you were to just buy a nicer one to begin with...

I would agree, there will be better ones! here in scotland you can pick up a nice accord that age for no more than £1000gbp about $1300? Then rust can be a problem here!

is the unibody straight? in a monocoque construction (all modern cars) any deviation from collinear and you've potentially got some major headaches in tracking and turning

Back