1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this 98 Accord worth buying?

Discussion in 'Accord' started by dlauth, May 4, 2010.

1. dlauth

dlauth Junior Member

98 Honda Accord EX
    104xxx miles
    Manual transmission
    Cloth interior
    Sunroof
    CD player
    Power doors/locks
    Keyless Entry
    Hot heat/ Cold AC

*Needs repair
    *Damage on front driver side bumper and behind rear passenger side door (shown in pictures)

Just bought a new car so I need the money!

$2800 OBO

Apparently there is front end damage from another car running a stop sign and hitting it and the rear quarter is damaged from sliding off the road and hitting a fence post.

Also, the "needs repair" part is a low idle and the chick thinks its the clutch going out. It shifts fine so I think it is just a dirty IACV.

KBB in Fair condition is $3460. Would this car be considered fair based on what you know and see?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know if it is still worth the price.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Can you do body work your self? If so, then it might be a decent deal. Otherwise though, I'd skip it. You'd probably end up paying more by buying this car and getting the body fixed then you would if you were to just buy a nicer one to begin with...

3. dc2paul

dc2paul New Member

I would agree, there will be better ones! here in scotland you can pick up a nice accord that age for no more than £1000gbp about $1300? Then rust can be a problem here!

4. HownDah

HownDah Quantum Emperor

is the unibody straight? in a monocoque construction (all modern cars) any deviation from collinear and you've potentially got some major headaches in tracking and turning

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted