Is this a carb problem?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sodomizer

I have an 85 prelude with the sidedraft twin carb 1.8 L. It idles kinda rough and only starts after i pump the gas for about 10 mins. Also when i accelerate the more i put my foot into the less power it has. If i hold the rpms up, after about 2 mins it will die and the motor will stall. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quoted post[/post]]
I have an 85 prelude with the sidedraft twin carb 1.8 L. It idles kinda rough and only starts after i pump the gas for about 10 mins. Also when i accelerate the more i put my foot into the less power it has. If i hold the rpms up, after about 2 mins it will die and the motor will stall. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Man, gen2 preludes are a bummer to work on.
There's like 159 vacuum lines that could be broken, it could be a (vacuum) valve.
Yea, it could be the carb, but there's a lot of room for error and things to troubleshoot.
This car especially, you'll want to get the manual and some carb spray cans. (or 4)
Good luck with it.

Nice. Had one myself. That car will haul ass if you lean out the carbs a lil. Yeah there are seriously a billion vacuum lines to mess with. Once you get if figured out, drill out the carb adj holes and lean out a half a turn on each. Do youself a favor and fab a nice intake for it. That motor has decent tourqe.

Back