Is this a distributor or igniter prblems?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

petros600

I need some help, while was driving and came to a light the car just died on me. It cranks but doesnt start. While my brother was trying to start i took off one of the spark plug wire and i wasnt geting any spark.
Is the distributor the problem and do i need to buy a new one? Any suggestions how to fix it?
The car (91 HF)has a B16a swap, OBD0 with Zyden ecu
Any help or direction on how to fix it it will be great.
Thanks

I wouldn't buy another distributor until you make SURE it's the distributor...distributors aren't cheap. Check to make sure the ECU didn't burn out, check the spark plugs, check the plug wires, check the grounds, check the main relay. If all that stuff is fine, it's your distributor.

Of course, if you've got a spare dizzy, or if a friend of yours has one, plug it in and see if that fixes it.

Quoted post[/post]]
I need some help, while was driving and came to a light the car just died on me. It cranks but doesnt start. While my brother was trying to start i took off one of the spark plug wire and i wasnt geting any spark.
Is the distributor the problem and do i need to buy a new one? Any suggestions how to fix it?
Thanks

I can tell you that it sounds like the distributor. The best way to check is to check for spark, which you did. I work for a company that manufactuers JDM distributors. We sell to alot of guys on the net. If you need a dizzy I can give you an awesome price. Just call me at 661-310-3679....We also provide free technical help...

Mike
RPM Partz

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Thanks

I can tell you that it sounds like the distributor. The best way to check is to check for spark, which you did. I work for a company that manufactuers JDM distributors. We sell to alot of guys on the net. If you need a dizzy I can give you an awesome price. Just call me at 661-310-3679....We also provide free technical help...

Mike
RPM Partz

Funny, another super reliable company happens to manufacture distributors as well...they're called 'Honda'.

Beware first-post sellers.

I just find out that the timing belt. not the dizzy.
It broke at idle so idont think i bent any valves but you never know.
Except the t-belt what esle should i change?
The car has B16 obd0, does anyone has the part numbers that i need?
Also what is the best place to get the part?
Thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
I just find out that the timing belt. not the dizzy.
It broke at idle so idont think i bent any valves but you never know.
Except the t-belt what esle should i change?
The car has B16 obd0, does anyone has the part numbers that i need?
Also what is the best place to get the part?
Thanks

Replace the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, and the water pump. Buy the parts for a 99-00 Civic Si. You CAN get them from AutoZone or something like that, but your best bet would be to go to a dealership, or somewhere like InlineFour.com that sells an OEM honda timing belt kit.

Back