Is this a goodidea?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redcivic98

I want to swap an engine into my stupid 98 dx coupe...and while im at it i want to do auto to manual...but anyways the engine im looking at is the b16a sirII. I know originally it was an OBD1 motor, but you can buy it from some of the online places with the OBD2 for a little extra...I was wondering if putting the OBD2 ecu on this motor (or whatever they do to it there) is legit and will work fine. I would like to get the b16 from the 99-00 civic but they are rare...and the b18c is too pricey for me

what do you guys think about this?

you have a lot to learn. where do you live? is there any one around you who could do the swap for you?

i'll tell you right now go trade your car, the auto to manual conversion would be the tip of the iceberg of work you're going to have to do to that car. go out and buy the car you want, it'll be easier for you.

I recently bought a 00si b16[found it local] and am doing the auto to manual because I cant sell my car.......you should sell the auto,buy a man,use the extra cash for swap stuff.
auto's worth more and this is a massive headache just from a parts standpoint not to mention the info gathering and amount of work involved.

auto to manual change over is a pain in the butt, i did on my brothers 98 accord and it took us 8 hours off non stop work, and we have been done engine swaps inless time. like eveyone else says sell your car and by a manual, it will be easier and in the long run cheaper.

Back