Is This Everything?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rmb2k

ok, so I've made up my mind about the engine. I was reading a few of the other posts and they said that the c5 would be hard to boost b/c the parts are expensive, and there was some other negative things said about it. So with that known, I'm going with the GSR. HMO has them in stock and ready to go.

B18c 94-01 (GSR) Complete Change over (I need a 94/95 model right? for my 94 civic)
Price: $3199.00 plus S&H

-motor
-hydrolic tranny (s80, y80) what's the difference?
-ECU (p72)
-axles w/ half shaft
-stock motor mounts
-alternator
-starter
-clutch
-flywheel
-intake manifold
-exhaust manifold
-fuel rail
-injectors
-distributor
-engine harness
-comes w/ all sensors needed
-LSD tranny (optional +$300) what is this??? and should I get it??

so....is this all I need????? Also I noticed that they have this in JDM or USDM. Is it the same price for either...the JDM has more hp. And if I get the JDM will I need anything extra??? One more thing, for all you guys that have ordered an engine from this company, about how much I'm I looking at in S&H????

Thanks, Ryan

ps- I'm getting a loan to get this engine...do ya'll think $5k will be enough for engine and all other expenses (installation). I don't really trust anyone around here to install this for me, if any of ya'll are from Nashville and have had work done there let me know.

the engine harness is backwards on JDM engines and is not really usable for anything but swapping plugs or grabbing wire from it to lengthen your harness thats in the car now so it will work (its really not that hard to modify your harness)

i got my engine from them... shipping was $275 with insurance (i think that was $50)

$5k should definatly be enough to get it in there

just plan to go through and change all the normal shit (belts, plugs, wires, water pump, check the clutch, etc..)

I read in the article B-series tech that the throttle cable is different b/c of the GSR intake manifold.....will I have to get one of those or does the list above have everything I need????

you will need a throttle cable off a 94 gsr.....dont expect this to be all there WILL be some idiot stuff you will need...best to have a couple of hundred in your pocket if someone else is doing your swap....there will be small stuff to buy.......just small stuff if you're lucky.basicaly expect some problems,be ready for them,lick em....

Back