Is this LSD or not?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi guys, I was told this transmission is LSD, but all the pictures of LSD I've seen have been hollow all the way through. There is kind of a bar in it, but it's a hollow bar. (you can see straight through the very center). Was just wondering if anybody could verify whether or not this actually is an lsd tranny. I also apologize for the shitty picture attatched.

Attachments

• DCFN0002.JPG
    DCFN0002.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 211
yeah, I understand that, however the company that sold me this tranny told me that it was 100% LSD, and the bar doesn't cross through the hole like most do...the illustration on the right side of the diagram is what my diff looks like. The center of the bar is hollow all the way through.

Attachments

• Differential.GIF
    Differential.GIF
    4.1 KB · Views: 172
yeah, I understand that, however the company that sold me this tranny told me that it was 100% LSD, and the bar doesn't cross through the hole like most do...the illustration on the right side of the diagram is what my diff looks like. The center of the bar is hollow all the way through.

yes it is then

Not really. Few bolts hold the casing together and maybe a snap ring. You just need to scrape off the old sealant and apply new one also. While you're in there you can clean out the magnet too and check for wear.

I was assuming the engine and transmission was already out of the car. If it is out of the car, you should be able to.

Back