Is This Possible??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magik

I'm driving a 90 Civic HB Si but when I got it it was supposed to be a "parts" car for my other Civic that met up with a Dodge Ram shortly thereafter.
It had in it a dying D15B2 that someone has swaped into it instead of the stock engine...I believe it was the head gasket...it was spitting oil all over the engine bay and burning it like crazy.
So I had a spare engine from my first Civic (STD) that worked great, so I threw that in there....it's a D15B1.

I've kept in the original MPFI and the 5sp tranny out of the Si and matched it up with the D15B1...but how can I squeeze more out of it? I know that the engine when it was in the STD had only about 70hp...and I imagine that has improved with the addition of the mpfi of the Si (even thought it's a little heavier car)...but how can I squeeze more out of it?

Is it possible to get 100hp out of this engine? 120...150??? If so...how can I do it? Dumb this down guys, I'm still learning, and thanks for any help.

Jason

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 25 2004, 05:36 AM
mini-me

propperly built you could easily see 160hp (NA) out of it

define exactly what you mean by "mini-me"? sorry...I know that's a dumb question...but I'm still learning...

Jason

i'm currently doing the D15B1 mini me swap for one of my customer
d15b1 bottom end
d16z6 cylinder head
4th gen. mpfi intake manifold
4th gen. si distributor
4th gen. si 5speed tranny
the swap is not as bad as i thought it would be same set up as a d15b2 or d16a6 mini me set up just don't opt. for a lighten crank pulley for the set up cause no one makes one for the d15b1 22mm crank snout.

Back