1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this possible?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by CRX2NR18, Jun 8, 2004.

1. CRX2NR18

CRX2NR18 Senior Member

well is it possible for the pressure plate to come lose? i mean i tighted it pretty good but it seems like it has started to come lose, when im cruisin in 5th at like 3k or so, i can hear it vibrate, or when i let off the clutch sometimes it will make a loud noise, is there anyway to get to the bolts without takin the tranny out :(

2. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Rememeber this.....................Anythings possible, gota look and find out. Basicly theres nothing magic about a big hunk of metal with some round things attached :thumbsup: Dig in or take it to some one who will.

3. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

If the pressure plate was loose I would think your clutch would be slipping. The pressure plate holds the clutch against the flywheel.

4. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

possibly hearing the throw out bearing making noise?

5. CRX2NR18

CRX2NR18 Senior Member

yah my clutch is starting to slip, this sux its only 2 weeks old! cuz i forgot to tighten some lol, ill see if there is a way i can get to them without takin the tranny out, hopefully there is!

6. UDT

UDT Senior Member

maybe from where the starter gos?

7. CRX2NR18

CRX2NR18 Senior Member

yeah thats where im going to try first, to see if i can get to them that way, then there is a spot under the tranny i might be able to get to it there too

8. Import R

Import R Senior Member

Hmmm.. if you can't get to them through the starter, try pulling our the rubber boot where the hydraulic contacts the fork tot he throw out bearing (if that makes sense). You might be able to get easier access through there since its a larger opening. If none of the above work, you're gonna have to break down and pull the tranny. :(

9. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

I wouldn't mess around with that, if your clutch is slipping its going to wear down very fast. I'd make sure all the bolts were tight, even if that means pulling the tranny. Cheaper then spending at least another $100 for a new clutch.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted