Is This Rice ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i concur with everyone else.

Stock front bumper with the ex/si stock lip, stock hood. Id keep the headlights as much as i dont like them, they're good quality lights. But is it just me, or did the whole car get repainted w/ some sort of sparkly flake whatever paint?

This is kind of like asking your friends if your gay............... If you have to ask, the answer is yes.

make it how you like it, it's your car. If you like rice or hell even rice pudding, go for it, and forget what anyone else tells you.

Get rid of the hood, especially the pins and then the headlights.
Question, why is everyone telling him to get rid of the hood pins? Aren't they used as an added feature for security purposes. Every aftermarket lightweight hood that i've see, even if it uses the factory hood latch still recommends the use of hood pins.

Because unless the aftermarket hood is a cheap piece of chinese crap, It shouldn't need them.
Hood pins are used on race cars so that the hood can be removed easily since they usually remove the hood latch and cable assembly, and yes, they are more secure, but there is zero reason for a street honda to have them. Unless you just want to look cool. That is why they are considered rice.

Because unless the aftermarket hood is a cheap piece of chinese crap, It shouldn't need them.
Hood pins are used on race cars so that the hood can be removed easily since they usually remove the hood latch and cable assembly, and yes, they are more secure, but there is zero reason for a street honda to have them. Unless you just want to look cool. That is why they are considered rice.
Dam so I spent that extra money on carbon fiber pins for nothing

id still probably rock hood pins only for extra security....

i remember a local around here did this same swap in his ek.....he went to a couple of street races and showed it a lil and woke up the next day to some kids trying to break into his car via the hood (hood pins)....he went back to bed and 5 minutes later a tow truck was running off with his shit....
6 months later it was found as a bare shell......:(

i know hood pins wont do shit to protect your car against a tow truck.....but lil kids are the most popular fuckers to steal shit from your car...

It's a civic hatch with an H22.... enough said. Who cares how it looks. When someone tells you your car is "rice", go smoke 'em in a race. Simple as that. Build it the way you want to, then smoke 'em on the track.....

Even if you ARE a ricer and just like rolling up in a civic with a body kit, fart pipe, 18's, and an underglow neon kit, engine dress up, and some decals and someone talks mess just be like man fuuuuuck you. And the penis replacement post was funny. If you want a penis replacement get big ass chrome rims slam the ride to the ground and put an audio system in it that BUMPS :D. Then roll up to the projects.

By the way you're not alone my civic has clear tail lights and headlights with 17" rims and front z3 fender flares :D. I bought it that way.

If those are the TYC headlights, definite thumbs up. They're not typical low-quality ricer ebay crap, they actually have good beam patterns and tasteful looks.

I think your main problem is crap image quality. Wash it, get it outdoors, and take some high quality pics.

Those are the TYCs. Definitely keep them.

This is kind of like asking your friends if your gay............... If you have to ask, the answer is yes.

X2 on this one too

imho;
sparkly paint is a cool effect but unless you have a crazy show car why paint it like a bass boat.

the hood would look good if the hood pins weren't on there and the spiderweb crack doesn't look good, but it could be that that hood is better than no hood.

the lights. . . look fine.

the bumber : iit's too hard to judge form the picture you have.

i like the look of the stock eg, the front end actually has a great stance nice and wide when lowered. if you had a crx, i'd say it could use something.

just remember when you are doing body work to look at the car as an entire entity. such as body kit all around looks better than just a front bumber

actually its an vis and in the instructions it says to use hood pins too keep hood down and secure from flying off and it is a ViS the best ya can get

Originally Posted by klyph
Because unless the aftermarket hood is a cheap piece of chinese crap, It

shouldn't need them.

It's a disclaimer they put in the instructions so that you can't sue them when your amateur installation fails. If you install the stock hood latch properly, there should be no need for hood pins. Hood pins are to replace the latch, if you have both, then yes, you are a ricer :p

Back