Is this swap possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zcrex1981

Ok i have a 1990 crx dx and a friend of mine has a dohc zc head will it fit on the d15 block any info would help. Iwant to do the whole swap but i dont have time or money cause if it wont fit then i am just gonna try seein what is wrong wit the car. I bought it and the guy said it was a bad timing belt and didnt know if he bent the valves or not.

I have heard of it being done. you could try searching on H-T (honda-tech.com). someone there had a turboed one. probably better off selling it and putting on a z6 or y8 head, just my opinion.

I agree with Brian11to1. I really dont see a DOHC ZC fiting on a SOHC block. Even if you could you would spend so much money and time it would be beter to just swap the whole ZC in.

yep my sentiments exaclty do whats easiest for you. you will have to go from dual point injection to multi point injection (which I am thinking of doing but a little scared) when you do the vtec head swap.

Now the ZC block with a Z6 vtec head would be teh sheit.

I read in honda tunning that combo has the highest compression ratio with a stock d series head and block.

Back