is this the nail in the coffin of boxing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think im going to like Rampage. :) cant argue with a guy who wears a real chain. Reminds me of the Junkyard Dog from the OOLLDDDD days of wwf, he was my fav at that time. :p

I think im going to like Rampage. :) cant argue with a guy who wears a real chain. Reminds me of the Junkyard Dog from the OOLLDDDD days of wwf, he was my fav at that time. :p
i suppose you haven't been watching mma that long or even k-1? i thought you knew who and what type of guy he is. i guess people really never heard of him... i thought it was just Rampage who felt he wasn't known enough yet :shrug2:

As a martial artist, I've honestly never had a lot of respect for boxers. I respect their punching power, but that's about it.
I'm surprised to hear you say that. As long as I look at boxing as a "sport" I really respect it, there's a lot that goes into a boxing match even more then just throwing random punches.

Same goes for TKD I enjoy the "sport" but as far as an all out anything goes fight. Boxing has nothing on anything because it's way to rule bound.

My reasoning mostly lies around the number of boxers that I've known...and a few I've fought. One of whom was a golden gloves boxer.

Did you fight him or box him? They train to box (a sport) and if you take them outside of those rules there's not much to it.
however if playing by the rules boxers have to be pretty darn good.

The only way Mayweather would have a shot in hell is if he fought someone who was not in the same weight class.

So, throw the Boxer into the UFC ring and the boxer will get owned.
BUT.. Throw a UFC fighter into a boxing ring and the UFC fighter will get owned..

So.. Its an apples to oranges thing.

So, throw the Boxer into the UFC ring and the boxer will get owned.
BUT.. Throw a UFC fighter into a boxing ring and the UFC fighter will get owned..

So.. Its an apples to oranges thing.
i agree that they are apples and oranges but IMO an MMA fighter has more chance to win a boxing match than a boxer has to win an MMA match. I think a boxer would get owned in the octagon as to where an MMA fighter would probably just lose in the ring.

i agree that they are apples and oranges but IMO an MMA fighter has more chance to win a boxing match than a boxer has to win an MMA match. I think a boxer would get owned in the octagon as to where an MMA fighter would probably just lose in the ring.
Definitely. Tank Abbott is the Butter Bean of UFC. Put him in the square and I'm sure he could eat a few punches and drop some bombs. And Tank doesn't stand a chance in the UFC of today. Also an MMA fighter who is extremely good at muay tai would have a very good chance in the ring.

The only big thing would be an MMA fighter not using other moves. It actually happens a lot now when MMA fighters fight in different leagues that have different rules about what is allowed.

Back