is this the right ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

i swapped a 91 ls motor into my 89 crx hf. The ecu that came with it looks like this

HPIM0047.jpg

HPIM0046.jpg

It dosent look right to me, the engine will fire but wont stay running an pops really loud thru the exhaust.
The other ecus ive seen have a big V indented on the front cover. Notice the diamond around the window.
Is this the right ecu for this swap? I have no part numbers on it to confirm or deny this being the correct one
any help would be great

Pull the cover. On most ECU's the model number is on the plastic plugs on the inside of the ECU.

chip6ze.jpg

mine says pm5 what the hell is that?

its a 37820-pm5-a30
its a stock crx ecu isnt it? like an si ecu right? So thats my problem, i have a pos ecu

a PM5 is from a Civic STD or a CRX DX.... it's a dual-point ECU and will NOT work for a multipoint application.

The reason the engine pops really bad and won't stay running is because your ECU is only powering 2 of your injectors....

You definitely got hosed on your ECU.

yeah its the ls motor obd-o so it shoudl be the pr4 im gonna hook it up but well see if this fixes it

i have a pw0 odb0 vtec ecu from my b16 swap in my crx. if you want it 150 pm me, I also have a S1 tranny for a b16 if you want it

i found a few pr4s for about 40 bucks, im gonna get one of those and see what happens, this swap was runnin like ass so im actually releived to see it was an incorrect ecu, since i was beating my head on the car trying to figure out the prob
thanks for the support guys, YOU ROCK

Back