Is This The Right Harness For Cel Diagnostic? Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I started the EG/GSR Hybrid last night. Turned over maybe 3 or 4 times before starting. Idled pretty high once the accelerator was pressed in a little. The exhaust shop adjusted the throttle cable and now it's fine. My battery light is staying on as well as the CEL. I used the paper clip at the harness in the pic and got one long flash and that was all. If this is the correct harness than it's my o2 sensor. I plugged the o2 into the harness that is on the GSR motor, but I guess they are not going to the correct pins on the ECU. I'm going to check it out. Anyhow, I drove the car on the way home and got on it a couple of times :hammer: :hammer: Not like red-lining (don't even think vtec engaged), but it was moving. The damn temperature needle got all the way up to the RED nd I pulled over to look at the motor. The coolant and lines were HOT as hell!!!! When I got home I checked the oil and ended up adding probably 1 1/2 - 2 quarts from the 5 quart Mobil 1 container. I'm hoping that was the reason since I hear this can cause the motor to run hot. I'm going to put the car on very level surface and make sure the tranny fluid is full as well shortly. Anyhow, is this the correct harness to do the CEL diagnostic?

On c-speed racing it says a blue 2 wire harness. All I see is this brown 2 wire harness that was attached to a gray harness that had more wires on it. This is all located above the ECU:

333750_16_full.jpg

PS <> I pulled the harness up for the photo.

ADDED: Just noticed the IAB solenoid harness under the intake manifold was NOT hooked up. (DUMBA$$)

I did the check engine diagnostic again. The car beeps and the CEL comes on for a few seconds then goes off. After another few seconds the CEL comes on and stays on (waited about 30 seconds). Did this with the paper clip and with the harness plugged in like normal operation and the same thing happened both times. I must be doing something wrong?!?!?!

Back