Is turboing my C5 a good idea?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96C5TEG

I have a c5 motor already in my Integra and I've been thinking about turboing for a while. My question is, should I turbo my c5 with low boost or just save up and buy a c1 engine to turbo?

Ya i know the tune will be huge. I am having a hard time making a decition though. i already have the B18C5 in my car with brian crower titanium valve springs and retainers. i am only looking to run around 300-350hp so i can still be a little streetable. alot of guys that live around me say i am dumb for wanting to use the C5 but i didnt really want to spend the money on getting a gsr or an ls if i really didnt need to. any help or suggestions would be alot of help.

just keep what you have and you should be able to reach your goal with right turbo set up and good tuning. if anything you may want to consider getting some stronger rods and lower compression pistons in there, and some adjustable cam gears so you get rid of a little of the overlap. that would be ideal, but even the stock motor should be ok for 300whp.

The c5 is a great motor, and it will take boost well with a good tune, but its pretty scary at the same time.. If you mess up, you're out $4k instead of 1 or 2k for the other B18s. Something to consider..

i wouldnt turbo your c5...its not worth the chance of something going wrong...i would wait up and just get a ls or a c1...just putting in my 2 pennies...i almost picked up a c5 for my ef but i was lil short, and went with the b18c jdm spec...but in the end u will do whatever your soul decides...good luck...

i wouldnt turbo your c5...its not worth the chance of something going wrong...i would wait up and just get a ls or a c1...just putting in my 2 pennies...i almost picked up a c5 for my ef but i was lil short, and went with the b18c jdm spec...but in the end u will do whatever your soul decides...good luck...

Honestly, they're all essentially the same so it doesn't really matter. The C5 happens to have higher compression and different cams/valvetrain but that will only make tuning more crucial.

If you really don't want to turbo the c5 just pull it and sell it. Then use the money to buy the Gsr motor and the turbo and call it a day.

OP: have you ever driven a 300hp civic? be honest. because 99% of people who want 300hp, have never driven one. a 220hp civic fucking rips. you will need more mods if you want 300, and that much power isn't necessary for a DD.

OP: have you ever driven a 300hp civic? be honest. because 99% of people who want 300hp, have never driven one. a 220hp civic fucking rips. you will need more mods if you want 300, and that much power isn't necessary for a DD.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

320whp in my hatchback was nuts
thats the first time ive ever driven a 300+whp honda and it really scared the shit out of me

Back