1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is What I Have Enough?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by evcivic, May 8, 2003.

1. evcivic

evcivic Junior Member

hey, iam sort of new to swapping and building but i wanna know if what i have is enough.here is a list of what i have , please feel free to add on to what i so far have. this is all for a 98 ek civic

ls block
    95 gsr head
    95 gsr computer with a mugen chip
    b16a2 tranny
    11:1 compression je pistons
    forged eagle rods
    act clutch and flywheel
    and a blockgaurd

i would like to run at least 70 to 100 pounds of nos but i really dont know how much should i run
    please feel free to add on any suggestions in regards to this. thanxxxx........ :huh:

2. XZILER8

XZILER8 Senior Member

:huh:

you mean a 70-100 SHOT of NOS?

3. onetyme_sam

onetyme_sam Senior Member

im not exactly sure about it, but i think you need to set up that ls block to run vtec. need to run the vtec oil pump, knock sensor, and i forget what else. unless that block is already set up to run vtec. if your running nos, i would probably build it a little stronger. dont want to use up $500 in nos shots and then blow the engine. probably get some godzilla sleeves, balance and polish the crank. if you didnt get them w/ the pistons, get some good piston rings. i dont know if the stock valves can take the heat from the shots, i would check, if not then buy some new springs, retainers, and valves. building the engine to take the nos is the main thing.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

you will need a conversion cable to run an OBD-1 ECU in your OBD-2 car .... the ECU will not plug into your stock harness

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted