Is your engine SOL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Well i just mentioned to blanco about hitting an engine if it doesnt cooperate. Then i remembered what the pontiac 400 engine looked like before, and after. Sadly i didnt take the oily dirty nasty pictures, i started taking them after we baked it.

Block Before Walnut Blasting

Image076.jpg

Image077.jpg

Head Before Walnut Blasting

Image081.jpg

Image082.jpg

Block After

Image079.jpg

Image078.jpg

Head After (its actually the other head...i was about to leave when they put the other one in)

Image083.jpg

Image084.jpg

My friend didnt have any money for parts, so that engine is still sitting in the shop and he is just sanding his le mans in the mean time. when we get it all finished, ill update it.

Last edited:
by car standards it almost is antique. 1971 pontiac 400 out of a Le Mans...looks good now though. those walnuts, i tell you. they got lil faries or something living in there. i didnt think there was any hope for that block.

the motor just looks so gone even after, will it ever run?

its not really my territory so dont think im mocking your buddy.

itll run with new valves, springs, retainers, seals, bearings, pistons, rods cam, lifters, a .030 bore, a hone, new intake, dizzy, carb...basically everything but the block and heads are being replaced. but since he goes to church with us, tim is giving him a killer deal. he also did almost all the labor himself, so this is escentially an in house deal for us rather than a customer deal.

oh...we can reuse the push rods and rockers...i forgot we saved those.

Now what you should do is get out in the eastern part of the state with a metal detector ... on some old farms.

And find some REAL neat stuff like complete Model A motors, Studebaker and even some large iron from the 20s. Shit, I would LOVE to get up to Michigan onto some old farms and hit them with metal detectors.

Back