Isabel: The Aftermath

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D See 2

as you have probably noticed, i have not posted here since sometime last thursday. when isabel came through the baltimore area late thursday evening, i had no clue what i was in for... to start off, i have a waterfront home on a tributary of the chesapeake bay. the winds of the hurricane forced all of the water from the eastern shore of the bay to the western shore of the bay (where i live). The tidal surge from such winds made the water level lift 7 feet above a normal high tide. the water came over the bulkhead and poured into the back yards of my neighborhood. within no time the water had made its way to my front street covering anything in its path. a few hours went by as all my family and i could do was watch the water rise. our basement started to flood with water. we had 3 industrial strength pumps going full throttle but the raging water soon overcame the pumps and we had to shut them off and let the basement flood. our hot water heater, our freezer, and our furnace were all completely submerged in water. countless tools, saws, drills, routers, food, and anything else you keep in a basement was all ruined. we were able to salvage the hot water heater so far and have been working on everything else. isabel... more like isabitch. in the midst of all the confusion and chaos, io was able to get a few pix of the flood...

https://hondaswap.com/~derek/isabel/

:cliffs:
hurricane isabel made my waterfront community fuckx0r3d.

Damn. we had a pretty bad flood here in fort wayne this summer...but it wasn't ANYWHERE near what you got.

Best of luck to you and everyone on the recovery.

Did you take the waterski's out though? Woulda been fun to say you once waterskiied down your street. ;)

Edit: yes who is that girl? :lol:

within 5 miles of here the same thing happened
Im south of annapolis

hope you have a fast dry out

BTW whos the girl in the two pictures =)

hope you get must of your stuff back in working order

damn derek that sucks. but one thing, i see all these trucks in the background, but wheres you car dude? i hope its not fucked by the water lever being as high as it is.

damn dude that sux hard core....my place got hit pretty bad my the wind and im about 4hrs from the coast....nothing close to what heppened there....best of luck with the recovery!

Yeah I live in Baltimore too. It is crazy, the inner harbor, where the tourist district is was comepletely flooded. And we still have about 400000 without power and they can still be without power until the end of this week.

i'm glad to hear that you're alright!

was your house covered by insurance?

thats anotehr reason why i'm glad i don't live by an ocean, although cali wouldn't be too bad.

i have never seent that much water at once*aside from on the news*! the deepest i've ever seen water here, was about a foot deep in the gutters..

Back