1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO any info or help with a difficult swap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by UnanimousThread, Dec 13, 2017.

1. UnanimousThread

UnanimousThread New Member

so, new to the forum, not new to the jdm scene. Been in love with rotary since I was a kid and also have a slight bias towards Honda. Already have a clean del sol shell that sits an inch off the ground. And I’ve got a 13b rotary from a 2004 RX8. Yes, that means I have a problem. A couple actually. First is the drivetrain which I am about to get the whole drivetrain and suspension from a S2000 to RWD swap the del sol then we are dropping the 13b in there as well. Only other things I’m worried about are first off where to get a custom driveshaft for such a vehicle and if anyone has schematics for such a swap. More so so that I can fit my transmission and driveshaft and if there’s any other issues I might encounter. Also I was thinking of turning it into a mid engine and just try to connect tranny right to the rear diff. Any HELP will be aprreciated thanks.

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2017
  3. UnanimousThread

Wow what great input thank you so much for your HELP. Get A life instead of trying to shit on my project. My mechanic is my best friend who’s doing a bunch of custom fab work for me dirt cheap. Already have all the parts and the 6 port renisis is better then any of the prior 13b’s. Trust me this is coming from a rotary head who’s spent some time with them

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If your friend is a good mechanic and experienced with fabrication, then I'm not sure if we would really be able to offer any more help than he can. I've been around Honda Swap for many years, and I can't recall anyone ever attempting something like this previously, so I doubt anyone's going to have "schematics" or a write-up for you. It's definitely going to involve lots of fab work, so you probably just need to start taking the car apart and lining things up to get a better idea of how you can pull it off.

Good luck to you, man.

UnanimousThread likes this.
  5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

6. UnanimousThread

Thanks, I just figured maybe someone has done the s2k drivetrain swap and maybe someone ran into something they didn’t expect. I have the whole subframe of the s2k with the hubs and suspension and everything still on it.

7. UnanimousThread

Del sol chassis is longer then an rx7, the 6 port N/A pushes just over 200 hp and it is not N/A and how am I gonna hook a rx8 tranny into a fwd in the first place?

8. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

9. UnanimousThread

Go bother someone else unless you have some actual input. And I said rx7 because I would never use an rx8 shell. MY motor is definitely boosted I think I would know.

10. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

11. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

12. UnanimousThread

I’ll be sure to have a thread of my whole build. You don’t even know who your talking to. I already have the shell and the motor. Would love to show you everyone and hope it’s a learning experience for all including yourself

13. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Well ... we are waiting for any kind of proof...

14. UnanimousThread

Haha deleting everything you said cuz now your realizing you sound like an idiot XD

15. UnanimousThread

I’ll post pictures soon. I work full time so I only have time for this in the afternoon and weekends.

16. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

I didnt delete anything moderator did... and you say you have a turbo rx8 and a s2k parts car and a del sol blah blah... your profile picture is a subaru outback

17. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

lol and its 2017 if you have any of the stuff you say you do you already have pictures on social media/phone

18. UnanimousThread

Yeah just posted my daily ride as my profile pic. I live in Maine it’s pretty snowy up here right now so yeah I’m in my outback nice observation. Please refrain from posting slander on my profile wall.

19. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

im excited to see this build and build progress, start that build thread up at your leisure man and welcome to hondaswap

20. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

btw if you want to put a rotary in it cool, at least pair it up with a mazda or kseries trans with a bell housing adapter and mount it transverse , and for ease of wiring/fuel system side draft carb would make it a breeze, soo just need fuel and a msd box image-54e9ad5ad54de.jpg

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted