issue removing head from block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noitsnotherek9

I have a fully built motor. Recently either my head lifted or blew the head gasket. The car feels ok when I drive it. I have coolant coming out of my head gasket... well leaking. I'm took cams everything off the head and can't remove the head. I removed the head bolt that goes on the golden eagle stud and washer. Doesn't move a inch. I keep the manifold I got a victor x n nothing. I have done my head gasket b4 and idk y it won't come off. Wat other options am I left with. Buddy of mines told me to get 3 ppl and rock the head back and forth.. wat can I do... thanks

Make sure you removed the intake manifold support bracket. That thing will effectively tie the head to the block.

Make sure you removed the intake manifold support bracket. That thing will effectively tie the head to the block.
Does the Victor X manifold have the mounting spots to use that support bracket?

OP - If the head gasket blew in the middle, it could have warped the head and pretty much twisted the dowel pins in a position where it's gonna make pulling the head off a bitch.

Sometimes the main caps (crank shaft caps) will hold the block so tight that the block won't twist/have a little play. Maybe if you pull the main caps off it'll loosen things up just a bit to where you can wiggle the head off.

Goodluck...

Back