issues in the rain?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DA16killer

i was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced issues with their B series running like shit in the rain. i have this junk intake from the kid i bought my car from still on my car and i think it might have something to do with making my idle and low end power horrible in the rain. maybe a vaccum line problem? just lookin for some feedback thanx.

check your electricals. put some electrical grease on your plug ends, and at the distributor where the wires plug in. also the coil.

i agree... sounds like an electrical problem. probably a bad connection somewhere that gets moisture in it easily.

no its some shit short ram hot air intake lol i had a CEL pop up today randomly as well so im gettin my codes checked 2nite. im thinking im gonna replace my whole ignition (distr. cap, rotor plugs wires) n see what happens. ill aslo see what my tech says at the tuner shop. maybe im just missing something stupid?

wiring could also be an issue too. maybe the genius that did the swap in the car before i bought it did some home made electrical work.

ok i know if i hit a puddle in the rain the water will get up to the short ram intake and it will not drive for shit for a minute then go back to normal. thats probably what ur experiencing

I doubt that; my brother had the exact same problem with a stock intake(D15B7 replacing D15B8). His actually ran OK in rain until I hit a huge puddle while driving it(under-body splash guards are gone). The motor did not hydro-lock. There was no immediate effect but what it did was maybe like 5-10mins later the engine would just feel very weak(like it wasn't getting fuel) and idle would drop very low, would go back to normal, then do it again; I think only twice did the engine die(you'd have to wait a couple minutes until you could start it back up). When the weather would dry up, the car would run fine. This went on for about 3-5weeks.

Found out, it was the O2 wires; when putting in the D15B7 we had to switch from 1-wire to 4-wire O2 sensor, and the connections were exposed. Waited for a warm dry day and just covered everything with dielectric grease+electrical tape. I also opened up the distributor to make sure it was dry. No issues after that.

Last edited:
Back