Issues starting.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

So i moved into my new place, my hatch sat for about a week. When i went to move it, she wouldnt turn over.

Here's what i know.

1) im getting spark
2) as far as i know the fuel pump is working (hear it turn on when key is "on")
3) as far as i know im getting gas (what exhuast does come out from cranking smells rich)
4) Starter and battery are fine.

possible wrongs:

1) water in the lines? snowed twice in that time frame.
2) it's not the coil, or spark wires, maybe plugs? but their new?

anyone have any oppinions?

Had this problem with a bad head or head gasket. Worsened to the point it jammed occasionally while cranking. Had flooded/spilled-over coolant tank after every run, emptied out on cooling down and also found coolant in oil.

Decided not to ponder too hard, dumped only the cylinder head+block and swapped another one in.

U said u checked spark and fuel. If you have both then the only other fault is compression. Make sure your plugs aren't soaked with fuel or condensation.

well got her to come to the light again.. plugs were pretty fouled out. Aside from that, the mear fact that it sat for 2 weeks in the cold with out being run I think that which ever two pistons were in their down stroke werent building compression because the rings remained compressed. Either way, lesson learned run the car 2-3 times a week for a few mins

Back