It finally happend.......I'm jobless

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

man join the club. I got laid off after being the fastest, and most hardworking tech at my past job for 3 different stores, and 5 months. Literally weeks before I was laid off they had mentioned me being promoted then next thing I know I'm cut. I hate seasonal lay offs.

:thumbsup: good luck with the new job man. I just got a new job 4 days ago after being unemployed for like 4 months but then again I'm 17 can't work nowhere but a damn fastfood place or some shit I'm at Popeye's chicken and it sucks balls not enough hours or pay, started me at $5.85/hour after a years experience at other restaurants.

5.85??????? wow minimum wage is like $7.25 in colorado. Try and get a job at like tire shops they pay pretty well especially if you can find a Discount tire (93 civic racer) that is. As for Taco good luck man.

Shit you're lucky minimum wage is high there. Here in Texas my guess is minimum wage is around...$5.25? Cause I worked at this Chinese buffet for like 6 months makin $5.30/hour, but I always hit mad overtime and was banking like $600 every 2 weeks that's how I saved up for the Civic. Second place I worked this Italian restaurant I was makin like $6/hour bankin $350-400 checks, now I'm lucky to make $200/2week checks. It's hard man especially where I'm from you're either rich or you're in the ghetto/trailor parks. But it's all good cause when I turn 18 I'll be tryin to get a job over at the windfarms in sweetwater Tx (like an hour away) the largest windfarm in the world :D:D:D needs lots of tech guys and they start you at like $18/hour :D:D:D training then you get a raise after like a few months but you gotta get up to the top of those windmills and fix them n shit. It's either that, or construction that makes the money here.

I come from a tight family driven by love and not money. I just dont want to Americanize it (no offense) by eating out alot instead of home cooking,too much work not enough time for the kids and their sports games.....aghhh man i never

I don't know if I could go back to a true American born girl. I've seen the light and to go back would be hard.

Shit you're lucky minimum wage is high there. Here in Texas my guess is minimum wage is around...$5.25?

Federal min wage is.

07/24/2007 $5.85 07/24/2008 $6.55 07/24/2009 $7.25
It's going up twice in the next 16 months. This is the min any state can pay, a good bit of states pay over the min. MD pays $6.15 as of right now.

ohh yeah. Thanks Airjockie:) We had a conversation Saturday night when she notices i couldnt sleep. We talked and i finally told her that feel worthles sometimes you know. I dont want to be jugling jobs for the rest of my life. I want to have a steady job and provide for me and my family. I just felt like shit because she has her life planned out. I have to follow if she leaves for another school or a job or something. I explained to her that that itself make me feel like i'm being dragged around and not worth really anything.:(

I questioned our marriage a little because i really dont like the way its heading as a family. I hope she doesnt see this but i feel like i love her one way and she does another. Maybe it was just that minor life setback that got me thinking. I want a mom and career women first. I dont want a career women and a family mom last. You know, the type that is always in hurry,cant really cook because she's got alot of work or having to hire babysitters and such.

i want a mom that will wake up early just to make sure their kids have lunch and are properly dresses. .

I come from a tight family driven by love and not money. I just dont want to Americanize it (no offense) by eating out alot instead of home cooking,too much work not enough time for the kids and their sports games.....aghhh man i never thought i would be in this position.:confused: I'm just starting to see little things that i thought would be over by know. Stuff that i dont want in my family

Life dosen't alway work out the way you want it to, but it alwas works out. I tried to make a family happen, but it just wasn't mean to be. Now I'm getting divorced and a single dad. Sure I moped around for a while feeling like a failure, but life moves on and so must we all. Now I have a better relationship with my son then I ever thought I could have(I can't help smile when thinking about it). I'm not trying to say that this will happen to you, the point I'm trying to make is that life happens in strange ways, and it's up to us to make the best of it. So if you want all of those wonderful family things to happen, you need to communicate and make them happen, it won't do it all by itself. Also you and the wife have to be on the same page in life when it comes to that, but don't ever trap yourself by your own ideas of perfection, because it dosen't exist, but rather what you make it to be.

Shit you're lucky minimum wage is high there. Here in Texas my guess is minimum wage is around...$5.25? Cause I worked at this Chinese buffet for like 6 months makin $5.30/hour, but I always hit mad overtime and was banking like $600 every 2 weeks that's how I saved up for the Civic. Second place I worked this Italian restaurant I was makin like $6/hour bankin $350-400 checks, now I'm lucky to make $200/2week checks. It's hard man especially where I'm from you're either rich or you're in the ghetto/trailor parks. But it's all good cause when I turn 18 I'll be tryin to get a job over at the windfarms in sweetwater Tx (like an hour away) the largest windfarm in the world :D:D:D needs lots of tech guys and they start you at like $18/hour :D:D:D training then you get a raise after like a few months but you gotta get up to the top of those windmills and fix them n shit. It's either that, or construction that makes the money here.

minimum in texas WAS 5.15 ... but it is $6 an hour currently. till they bump it up again.

Yea last I heard they raised to $6/hour at that chinese place. But I'm still making $5.85 currently ON papers, see the Chinese place pays under the table so I can see how they get away with low wages but I dunno bout this place, I'm on papers now and still making $5.85/hour.

Either way, it'll be no better with higher wages because either prices will just go up to match or they'll just cut employees and there will be more jobless people. I might just go back to sellin bud if I can keep my own fucking hands off and not start smoking again :rolleyes:

Nice.

Well heres and update: I'm completing my resume tonight.I'm going to give it to this small but growing business here right around the corner. Literally less than 2 miles. it called Shemanski Specialty machining. They specialize in Machining (duhh) CNC programming,CNC machining,custom welding,and also Metrology services.

The good thing is that he is all custom. Custom car parts like rotors can be made. Almost anything. My buddy had his big brake rotors cut by him for his Deloreon. What i'll be doing is supervising labor workers,organizing,recieving and delivering shipments for his second business next door. And when i have that in order i will go to the machinig side and learn how to custom fabricate.

Hopfully once i take some work load off of him he can concentrate on his maching business and he can get more done. He explained that his son who works at Nascar wil be coming down in a couple years to open up a speed shop consisting of custon fabricating and restoring classic and vintage vehicles........like Boyd Coddington pretty much :rolleyes:

I dont know. i just want to learn the most i can. This interests me more and i have alot of room to grow compared to the old JOb i had.

I let you guys know once i find a job. I normally dont browse HS when unless i was at work or it be late like tonight.

Peace guys and thanks for the comments. You have no idea how much they mean,especially when you have no close friends to talk to.
:(
foose ftw thats cool man gl in your career

I got an apprentice job before at a Ferrari shop. It was definately interesting, but it was GRUELING. I used to do insanely stupid and dangerous shit just for the opportunity to drive something interesting in the afternoon.

$8/ hr in CA... sucks for the rest of you

Thing about min wage is most people do not make min wage, at least in this area I can't think of a single job that starts out at min wage, I start most of our kitchen people at 8 an hour, the thing that is great about having a low min wage is you can start someone out for 2 weeks at the lowest pay possible Tell them if they're on time for 2 weeks straight and don't call out, they'll get X many dollars an hour.

It works great since 3 outta 4 people quit most jobs before the first week. Having a high min wage only hurts small businesses like ours because we have to pay x many jackasses a higher pay only to show up 2-3 days before they quit.

There's a welding company in my family, we've talked about the whole starting people off for next to nothing and offering them higher pay if they show up on time.
They pay people 18-25 bucks an hour to start. however they've had good luck with paying people 6.15 for the first week or two, just like us. Most people who want a job stick it out and in the end the welding company pays them the difference as if they made 18-25 an hour from the get go, however for the handful of people who quit, they only pay them the low wage.

Thing about min wage is most people do not make min wage, at least in this area I can't think of a single job that starts out at min wage, I start most of our kitchen people at 8 an hour, the thing that is great about having a low min wage is you can start someone out for 2 weeks at the lowest pay possible Tell them if they're on time for 2 weeks straight and don't call out, they'll get X many dollars an hour.

It works great since 3 outta 4 people quit most jobs before the first week. Having a high min wage only hurts small businesses like ours because we have to pay x many jackasses a higher pay only to show up 2-3 days before they quit.

There's a welding company in my family, we've talked about the whole starting people off for next to nothing and offering them higher pay if they show up on time.
They pay people 18-25 bucks an hour to start. however they've had good luck with paying people 6.15 for the first week or two, just like us. Most people who want a job stick it out and in the end the welding company pays them the difference as if they made 18-25 an hour from the get go, however for the handful of people who quit, they only pay them the low wage.

:werd: only problem is the people that wont bump you up. I worked my ass of at my last few jobs and they wouldnt even consider paying me more than minimum (which was 5.15 at the time) until about 3 moths later ...

and even then it was like ... a 50 cent raise if even that much.

Back