It Finally Happened....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
Got in my first accident.

Soooo pissed too. It's not really that bad, but I'm more pissed at the fact that how dumb of an accident it was.

Sitting at a light with a Jeep Liberty infront of me. Waiting to turn on a red. I see the Jeep move, let my foot off the brake, look towards incomming traffic to double check, then 'BAM'. Motherfucker. I just barely kissed the underside of the bumper of the Jeep, with little more than a scuff mark. We pull off and exhange information. not too much damage to my car either. Broke my right corner marker, scuffed the bumper a bit, and put a small dent in the front lip of the hood. Oh well, I guess it had to happen sometime. The lady was nice, and the cop who filled out the accident report was also a good guy. He said that since its a minor thing, most insurance companies won't really penalize you. I'm counting on this, since I have a clean driving record, no accidents, no tickets, no nothing.

I feel like a moron. :mellow:

i did the same thing a few weeks ago. same scenario, except i broke my grille and scuffed the bumper. nothing $35 shipped for a new OEM grille and a new paint job (that the car desperately needs) wont fix.

nothing wrong with the explorer though, except for a bit of paint i left on her metal bumper that i rubbed off for her. she didnt even want my info and said i was the nicest guy that ever ran into her. :)

Yeah, Turbomirage is the only person that can hit another car and cause hundreds of dollars of improvements to his own car.

What, was the hood going to get dented in ?! HAHAHAHAH

Not true about insurance companies... I rearended a woman the same way. $0 damage to mine and no markings on her bumper. He 1987 cavalier got a brand new 300 dollar bumper, and her 3 sons... all got "whiplash" 11k in medical bills. But all 3 sons were fine while in the car, but shocker none were wearing seatbelts. So I got dropped from my insurance, for one accident in my life, and all for an accident with no visiable damage. And a hillbilly from the Whitetrashville, MD otherwise known as dundalk.

Cool. Add youself as a member to the non-driving asshat club :D

ahhh f it, we all make mistakes like that. its not a big deal. i'm sure all of us have done something similar. i too have been almost caught out in it, but managed to stop in time.

Yeah, Turbomirage is the only person that can hit another car and cause hundreds of dollars of improvements to his own car.

What, was the hood going to get dented in ?! HAHAHAHAH

yeah my hood fucking sucks. OE carbon fiber replacement for the win !

Don't feel so bad..... I came back from coffee and was stuck with a H&R(hitnrun)
Insurance Company told me I have to prove it happened... guess I need a witness every time I go for coffee now. I'll let the pictures speak...
115-1512_IMG.JPG

115-1513_IMG.JPG

i didn't know enough at the time and while on hold with the insurance company a message played through that said:

"Please be ready with the Body Shop of your choice"

...or something to that effect...
anyways... thinking I was smart after the phone call I had it towed to the body shop.... no police ever showed up..... they said that there was no other party involved

Back