It Has Begun!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Just moved into the house, got 100% of the crap moved to the new house, and started to get some of the shit in the right locations...and still have a ton of more stuff to move around. Still got to do a lot of work to a few cars, and the garage to set up, and a lot of sorting and cleaning to do. I'm about to raise hell with COX cable, they still haven't came out to get the phone installed, or the internet running, but I do have digital cable with a month of free HBO...ohh well, hopefully monday I'll have internet and the phone again. Anyways...the wife has been busting her ass trying to clean up the house...and then she got a hair up her ass.

I came home yesterday after work to find that she did the unthinkable in the kitchen. She just couldn't wait to get that damn ugly wallpaper off the wall......

So she started to peel the papper, and some of the wall came with it in some spots, so she hacked at it with a kitchen knife to get more of the wall off.....and papper. She got about 80% of the wall papper off and about 5% of the wall off in the kitchen. I looked and I said it was a little to soon to do this...but WTF, might as well finnish the job, so I went and got some tools, and removed the cabinets from one wall and continued to tear down the old shit to find that the frame is actually in very decent shape for it's age, and the guy that built the house did a very good job.

So tommorrow, it's off to home depot, to get about 4-5 sheets of drywall, a few rolls of insulation, a few tools, and all the other stuff to complete the kitchen wall that we just tore down. We're going to do the job right, and fully insulate the outer wall, then sheetrock it, fill the cracks with tape and paste, and paint it nice and clean white...then try to find a good mohogany trim piece and stain it to give a decent dark wood grain trim around the kitchen.

Glad to hear your all moved in, dont let her start watching that trading spaces bullshit or you'll be done for.

even worse, next thing you know she'll be hanging fabric from walls and gluing beads to light fixtures.

man if you need any help pm me that what i do for a living so feel free to ask any q's you have. dotn forget to get powder compond not premix

Originally posted by Iron 1@Dec 14 2004, 01:58 AM
why's it always home depot, and not lowes???

good luck with the project.
[post=431800]Quoted post[/post]​

cuz lowes sucks.

Funny that you mention Lowes...I'm going there tommorrow to look for different stuff....the nearest Home Depot doesn't have a good selection for some of the woods I want to fab to the house...

and on another note....her distruction is not done.....when I got home yesterday...one of the bedrooms carpet was pulled up, and rolled up....and ready to be moved down to the basement......we haven't even gotten the kitchen started on the refab...and she's tearing into other rooms.... :ph34r:

You better have her talk to Jeef then. You are going to end up spending way to much money if you try and tackle more than one room at a time...I told Jeef this when he first bought his place but he went full force into it...

Lessons learned y0

I know...I got way to many projects right now, toooo many.....I have about as many projects as 4 people might have......and sadly...I have all the tools, all the parts, all the room, the the know-how to do them, and a little bank reserved to cover them and another emergancy if one pop's up...

I just don't have the back or the time to do them all..... :angry:

And as I was working last night...I think I over did it again, and blew out the back again...and this time I even stayed after work to go to the medical facility in the plant, at 7:00 AM...right when they open...I was at the door....but there was a sign...that said "Due to limited staff and training for the staff, we will be closed the 13, 14, and 15th of Dec." On the drive back home, I was almost in tears from the pain....got home and popped some more aspiren, and I'm going to call a doctor and try to see if they can fit me in today somewhere....and in about 2 minutes, I'm going to go nuke a wet towel in the microwave to use as a heat pad...so I guess....no carpet or drywall today...I'd never be able to get it in the rental truck, let alone unload it.... :( , and I might just take another night off from work tonight and try to relax a little...but the money is good...and useful...but I still have about 8 days vacation to take for this year....

Oh....

And B, E, Bill, Chris, Steve, Sue, Travis, and Jack... Try to make Friday this week-end availible....I might take that night off, and cook you guys up your JDM-Thank-You-For-The-Help-With-My-Move-BBQ Dinner....and Bring some money for the Poker Game that will fallow.... :ph34r:

Naptime

Originally posted by Iron 1@Dec 14 2004, 02:58 AM
why's it always home depot, and not lowes???

good luck with the project.
[post=431800]Quoted post[/post]​

Because the nearest home depot is a hop away,
Lowes is a hop,skip,and a jump

I've always view home depot as a contractors warehouse open to the public.
and lowes as a consumer oriented home improvement products store.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 14 2004, 09:57 AM
and Bring some money for the Poker Game that will fallow.... :ph34r:

Naptime
[post=431853]Quoted post[/post]​

Would it be alright if I stopped by for the poker game, as long as my wife hasn't made any plans for me I don't know of yet ??

clayton, saturday night would be tons better, probably for everyone. im working friday night.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 14 2004, 08:01 AM
I've always view home depot as a contractors warehouse open to the public.
and lowes as a consumer oriented home improvement products store.
[post=431854]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

There are a ton more Home Depots in Texas than Lowes stores too.

Good luck on taming the wife and getting everything done man!

I can do either night. But, I'm doing a flooring pick-up in the 4Runner this weekend.. if you wanna combine trips we can squeeze rolls into the 4Runner.

God I love that truck.

-> Steve

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Dec 14 2004, 10:49 AM
clayton, saturday night would be tons better, probably for everyone. im working friday night.
[post=431895]Quoted post[/post]​

If I work Friday night = Time and a half...
If I work Sat night= Double time....

Sat>Fri OT :lol:

E works sat's too, so he probably won't make it out friday night.
sat is prob better, i concur- but its your choice.

Back