it is possible swap a manual trans to a accord v6 4 doors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vicmora

hey i need help i wanna make my accord manual its that possible ??:confused:

damn .... Firefox ....

IMO its not worth it . Just sell the auto and get what you want . Another things is if you have the time , resources and knowlegde. Sure why not do it . It can be done

Last edited:
Just sell the auto and get what you want.

Well, if he wants a 98-02 V6 Accord with a manual transmission then he doesn't have any choice but to swap. The V6 6th-gen only came in automatic. You can swap in a manual transmission from the the V6-equipped Acura CLs or TLs. You can even swap in the 3.2 motor from those cars too, for a little boost in displacement. I'm assuming you'd probably have to use the pedals from the Acura, and a center console from a 4 cylinder manual tranny Accord. Not sure what you'd do for a gauge cluster.

You can also swap in the the camshafts from the 3.2 for a decent and fairly cheap performance upgrade, regardless of whether you do the tranny swap or not.

I looked into swapping trans types in an older prelude - lots of little detail headaches. Not like old school muscle car swaps - AT ALL

I looked into swapping trans types in an older prelude - lots of little detail headaches. Not like old school muscle car swaps - AT ALL

Well this site is devoted to Hondas...I think most of the people around here are already aware that working on small four cylinder cars is different than working on muscle cars...

Just my 2¢ - I enjoy working on all types of cars. To me stock just won't cut it. I recently built an FFR type 65 (shelby daytona coupe) with my dad "his" retirement project. Roush 402 500HP/515ftlbs and 2200 lbs.

Got a 2000 Accord EX V6 Coupe. I love this car, but auto tranny is near shot and would like to go manual. Anyone had success doing this?

Got a 2000 Accord EX V6 Coupe. I love this car, but auto tranny is near shot and would like to go manual. Anyone had success doing this?

Pretty much all the basic info you need is already in this thread. Search it on Google and see if you can find any write-ups for the details...

this sounds like a kick ass build. i know i've wanted a 2001 body style 2 door accord to customize into a mid engine v-8 honda using a formula 1 engine but that project is still on the back burner till i get time and enough cash to put a dent in the project. hope we see your ride soon

if ya dont mind throwin out da v6,ya could do an H22 + 5speed tranny.itd b a bit lighter in weight and still pumpin out 200HP. just an idea!!!!

if ya dont mind throwin out da v6,ya could do an H22 + 5speed tranny.itd b a bit lighter in weight and still pumpin out 200HP. just an idea!!!!

Wrong- so much is different on the V6 vs 4 cylinder you want to stick with the 4 cylinder swaps if you have a 4 cylinder and V6 if you have V6. Right idea though, if he were saying "I want to own a 98-02 Accord with the most horsepower and a manual transmission" you are correct that a H22 5 speed is the best way to get there. It would be my choice. I bought a 98 Accord EX V6 with 200k on it and the tranny was shot, found out how expensive it was and sold it. I have swapped out transmissions before, but I would only do it in one of those cars if it were going to be reliable and the autos were not on those. 5 Speed all the way.

As f22b1coupe said, the V6 Accords of that generation were different. The front end is longer to accomodate the larger engine, so the mounting locations are different. You can't just easily swap an H22 or F22 into the V6 chassis...

Right idea though, if he were saying "I want to own a 98-02 Accord with the most horsepower and a manual transmission" you are correct that a H22 5 speed is the best way to get there.

Wouldn't an auto-to-manual swap on a V6 Accord be the best option for maximum power? You can use the Acura V6 manual transmissions to convert the J30 Accords to manual. If I recall correctly, that V6 makes 200 horses AND 200ish torque, so that would be more than an H22...

Back