It may be a 4dr turtle, but I got VTEC!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spectacle

pics of the b16 swap with auto to manual....

s40f9bc4ae3108.jpg

s40f9baf5bbfe3.jpg

s40f9bbc781665.jpg

s40f9bc5b668c1.jpg

i borrowed my friends camera and it was foggy or something so thats why the pics look kinda messed up.

Anybody got a short shifter for sale lol...

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 17 2004, 07:23 PM
hacksaw it y0

he'll still be throwing the shifter the same distance at the fulcrum.

but yeah James lets try commenting on the reason the thread was made.

Nice swap, how long did it take you to do it?

swap was done by local shop. Cost me about $2000 in total parts in labor. I'm not sure what mount was used....

2000 with motor, installed? HOLY SHIT THAT"S GOOD!

:thumbsup: Looks semi-clean.

Is the motor j-spec? Do you know how many miles? You get a new water pump and timing belt? How about a clutch? Does it have lsd? I know I would have to spend close to 3k with all that plus lsd if I installed it all on my own.

$2000 was price with labor and parts for the swap, I bought motor seperately(USDM). I got new timing belt, all new gaskets, seals oil bump, shit like that. It runs absolutely perfect, but i'm frying that fuckin clutch(stock wit about 5k on it) cuz I can't drive lol.

WHOA! So you nver had a manual before the swap? Not good, be prepared to replace it within a year or so of glazing it.

Originally posted by KCREX@Jul 18 2004, 05:01 AM
looks nice but i think you need to shampoo your carpets :lol:
[post=364736]Quoted post[/post]​

see avatar

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jul 21 2004, 12:19 AM
A big :thumbsup: to the auto to manual swap. That must've been a bitch with a hydrolic clutch.
[post=366036]Quoted post[/post]​

Really, its not at all. the joy's of honda. the hole for the Clutch Master cylinder is already there. There is just a little grommet in the way, that needs to be thrown out. As for the line, its one little line, and if you use an OEM line, all the studs are already there on the firewall.

Only "hard" part of the entire swap is the pedal's, and thats just because I have no patients, there is very little room to work with, your upside down, and when I was doing this swap, it was 10* for the High. It was ass cold!

Back