It never ends

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
I'm enjoying life right now. Jesus.

Last week, I found out that I'm going to be the ONLY IT PERSON supporting some ~350 people for the next 6 months, and there are no plans to hire anyone else. I also got told that I'm going to be lacking a supervisor soon too, so I'll have to take care of that too. All that, piled on top of me already doing the jobs of 9 other people. (The helpdesk here used to have 10 people.) Not only this, but I have to do the accreditation for all of the computers (Means I have to fill out lots of paperwork for every single machine, all ~300 of 'em.)

Saturday night, my dad's car got broken into. They smashed his window, then took the navigation system. Fun. My dad started his new job today, so he got to drive ~90 miles on the autobahn without a window.

Today, I was on the autobahn, about to pass someone, so when I gave it a little bit more gas, the clutch started slipping, and it almost redlined. I checked to make sure it was in gear, (which it was of course) and gave it some more gas. Vroooooooooom. Not fun. So going 90mph, and my clutch gives up the ghost. I got it home, but damn, talk about a pain in the ass. I guess that's what I get for tuning a 75hp engine to make 133hp. :(

Now I get to wait until tomorrow, because today is a holiday. I can't even go to an autoparts store or even a dealership until tomorrow.

I'm scared to even leave the house tomorrow. The last time I started having a week like this, I ended up getting in two car accidents within 6 days, and screwing up my back pretty badly. I need some humor.

thats life on the IT thing. that wont change. trust me i know. ask for more money or leave. they will give you the money....

Yeah, that's in the private sector though. I'm a US government employee, so they aren't going to pay me any more than I already make.

Anyone know how long it takes to change a clutch on a civic? I'm talking billable hours.

Yeah, that's in the private sector though. I'm a US government employee, so they aren't going to pay me any more than I already make.

Anyone know how long it takes to change a clutch on a civic? I'm talking billable hours.

My bro paid for like 7 hours at the dealership I believe.

Ok, so I got the estimate on the clutch.

€800

Which, without tax, is about $1000. Fun, eh? The flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate all have to be replaced. The guy did something to adjust it, and said "It'll be alright until we get it replaced." Then he skolded me for not replacing it with a performance clutch and flywheel after I did the I/h/e and tuned it.

I'm seriously thinking about going into debt and getting a CTR. Sounds like a good idea, and the girlfriend is all for it, she likes the looks of the CTR's interior quite a bit.

Who are you working for?

IT funding in the government has been pretty damn strapped for awhile now from what I can tell. So the chances of getting more bodies in the office are gonna be pretty low until the next round of funding comes around.

Who are you working for?

IT funding in the government has been pretty damn strapped for awhile now from what I can tell. So the chances of getting more bodies in the office are gonna be pretty low until the next round of funding comes around.

On top of that, I'm the closure team for this base. I'm one of the people who are closing. So, I know there's no hope for getting more people. I'm just looking for a job somewhere else after 30 september. I'm getting all kinds of experience though... So I guess I get something in return.

Back