it never ends!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My cars not running right. did the swap now i got an h22I was wondering if someone could give me a checklist of things that could be wrong my car in order of most probable. right now its blowing a little black smoke out of the exhaust, at idle sometimes it dies or at least bogs down to almost nothing and is pretty rough. theres very little horsepower. I havent thrown a check engine code yet. I know it could be a lot of things. you guys have been extremely helpfull n the past any advice is appreciated. :unsure:

give us info

what year is the car?
what obd is the motor?
what ecu are you running?
does it idle at all?

check your tps and map and make sure they are not switched

its a 93 lude , I havent installed the new p13 ecu but that shouldnt effect the motor running right in the low rpm's does it? obd 1. it does idle on start up , but if you drive it sometimes dies when pulling up to a stopsighn or something. It had been running in limp mode untill i put the downpipe and o2 sensor on.

ecu can cause alot try it guy , if not maybe some thing is miswired or timming of! if it sounds like backfiring and bogging bad its timming and it wont get up worth shit

you def need the o2 hooked up or it will never run right

you gotta finish the swap before trying to trouble shoot problems...

Back