It took them 20 years to do this....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Motorcycle Daily

092507_250r_top.jpg

100x better looking then the 80s 250. might I add the 80s 250 is the same friggin 250 sold in 2007. lol

20 years of the same damn thing!

holy shit. what an amazing upgrade. they should have done this years ago. this is a great looking bike. lets see what i like better.

new engine
full fairing
single exhaust
2 piece seat
rounder headlights
no flames

look at the colors:
Color choices: Lime Green,
Ebony, Passion Red, Candy Plasma Blue

why don't they just call it black?

$3500 brand new, damn if I come into some extra money, I might have to get one :)

From our talks on the 250 forums it's not going to be $3500. But it is, indeed, very nice.

It's out because Cali emissions won't allow any more carbbed bikes to be sold new.

If you think that's special, wait till you see the 500. It'll be back in the hey-day, they'll have the race track oriented machines (zx6r, zx10r, zx14r) the single touring model (C14) and then the more reasonable 650R / 600zzR, the 500 and 250s.

I'm still thinking about that 250, but I actually doubt we'll see it. Maybe Canada will. The 250 sales figures are stronger than imagined, but not that strong.

I dunno, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

you couldn't have have posted this any sooner, Im in the market for a 250 that actually looks like a sport bike. I was thinking going UM or Yoshihuru (suzuki based). They are going for around $2700... but it looks like Im gonna have to buy a green jacket now!!
celerity; Is the price coming down or going up?

i think he's assuming it will go up. but if it's posted for $3500 on the kawi site, it should stay close.

upon further research, yeah, this looks like it's it.

My 250 did excellent, for what it was. This is going to be BAD ASS. Imagine a bike that does everything you need it to do, and gets 75-80 mpg. If they apply the same tech from the new 600 motors to this, you're looking at an engine that can hang out at 14,000 rpm all day long. That's going to translate to about 110mph. And LIGHT !

Yeah, my old 250 had bits on cast iron on the frame, and it was still pretty light. It was actually heavier on the fulcrum than a ZX10R, so I can only imagine how nice this is going to be.

My gf is now interested in sport bikes.

oh yeah, the fuel injection is probably the best upgrade. carb'd bikes suck.

My ZX12 was Fuel injected, still required a choke and warm up procedure and rode far more twitchy and hesitant (When cold) than the 250 did.

The 600 right now is dying when it's cold, but it's engine is being "freshened up" right now. I'll be able to evaluate it really well when it's out (And there is snow on the ground)

EDIT: The key to carbs, I have learned from cars is that during a corner or "action situation" to keep the fuel pouring for a bit. Now, if you have a super bike, "Keeping the throttle open a little bit" is rarely possible.. making corner exits touchy and un-pleasant. Then I would see how fuel injection may help.

Last edited:
That's a pretty bike, and makes me a very happy person.

I'd been thinking about getting a bike- going to sign up for the msf course early next year and, assuming I still want to after riding in the course, get me a bike. I want the 250 because it's smaller, and will be a good place to start, but the styling was ugly as hell in my opinion. Now though, it's pretty. If it is fuel injected, I'll be even happier, but either way.. it's more then worth it to me to pay an extra $500 for a bike like that.

If things work out hopefully I'll be on a red one of those come this time next year. I love being able to dream.

In my experience: Get a starter bike. Get a new one that runs well and gives no problem, and a cheap one that gives you lots of smiles-per-dollar. That way it's all the more fun to ride a bike and you'll get better faster.

The smiles per dollar amount I don't think could be matched for a 250.....

BTW I just came home from the local dealership..... MUHAHAHAHA UNDER MSRP.... by A LOT!

If I get this I can't decide to go green or get another black one...........

the green is ugly.....i don't care though... id like to ruin it by painting it flat black but retaining the gloss black wheels and badging.... Ive got a grand saved up but i have to wait because i just had indoscopcic on my left wrist tuesday. maybe one of you will have it and be able to give me a better take on it. my father allready wants to stomp my ass for even thinking of buying something other then a suzuki, so hopefully the hype is not just that..."hype"

the green is ugly.....i don't care though... id like to ruin it by painting it flat black but retaining the gloss black wheels and badging.... Ive got a grand saved up but i have to wait because i just had indoscopcic on my left wrist tuesday. maybe one of you will have it and be able to give me a better take on it. my father allready wants to stomp my ass for even thinking of buying something other then a suzuki, so hopefully the hype is not just that..."hype"
that is Kawasaki green, been around a long time and I highly doubt its going anywhere.

Back