It took them 20 years to do this....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Your dad is an angry Suzuki fag ? Wow... didn't see that comin.

"My grandfather was a Suzuki man, my dad was a Suzuki man, I'm a Suzuki man, and DAMMIT my son will be a Suzuki man too !" <SMACK>

Yeah, something doesn't seem right about that.

343801977_8ac04542de_o.jpg

Yeah..my dad has an 03 'busa that sees more of the garage wall then it does street. Hes in Florida where it "rains every other commercial break" as he likes to say, and he has to keep everything he owns pristine. I think hes just scared of it. I told him I wanted this bike and he was like " what the hell do you want that ugly ass thing for?" ( he thought it looked the same as it did last year ) I sent him the link and he said..." wow, if you move to FL, I'll pay half!!" ..i reply..." wow, If you sell yours...we can have one in every color!"

as for the kawasaki green, I understand the heritage, It's just so damn ugly....

Each of the manufacturers have something in a specific color. Honda had the old Joe's white/blue and red until they took on Repsol... And in the old days Honda would sell their sport bikes in that paint scheme but without the Joe's / Rothmans labelling. Repsol remained a winning "sponsor" because it was an oil company, and not a tobacco / drinking thing (God the 60s, 70s, and most of the 80s were awesome)

Yamaha and Suzuki had their colors that were flown with their sponsors too... Although I can't remember who they were.

But Kawasaki has been keepin' it real with a factory sponsored racing programme. That Green was Green just because, baby.

Also, your dad should ride a ZX12. Makes Hayabusas look stupid.

I used to get compliments from Hayabusa / Blackbird owners .. but I imagine the Blackbird keeps to the "touring" part of the class alittle better.

Yamaha and Suzuki had their colors that were flown with their sponsors too... Although I can't remember who they were.

Always been at least as long as I can remember.

Honda = Red
Yamaha = Blue
Suzuki = Yellow
Kawasaki = Green

my uncle and father go at it about the whole zx14 vs busa deal like cats and dogs. I think the zx14 looks like a cheap pile of plastic and the 'busa looks like a late '90s GSXR had an allergic reaction to a be sting, but obviously my opinion is nothing because both bikes make up for hideousness with performance. i don't know about the zx12 though.

oh im not trying to bash kawa green...its just not my cup of tea.... i really only like it on there super/moto cross bikes. Plus im not a stand outish kinda guy, a bright green would "pop" to much for me.

Anyone rode the 250 yet???

Oh yeah..CELERITY...My dad maybe a fag for loving his suzuki... but atleast its not a 1200 sportster!!

BUUWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!:p

haha... Yeah, I passed up the Sporty. Like I said, if you gotta try something you might as well get it dirt cheap and THEN make up your mind.

But I sold my ZX1200R, which used to drool over Hayabusas. Honestly, neither bike is faster than the other until you're on a track in the appropriate setting. Even after years of riding you'll never top out what either of these bikes can do.

I'm happy now with my zx6 - I never used more than 15% or so of what the ZX12 could do.

Also, back on topic: I saw and heard the 250 this weekend on my way out with the Vespa. It's NEAT. It's got a unique sound, great size and of course looks WAY better than my old one.

Back