it was running just fine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok here is the deal i have a b16 in my civic and it was running smooth, little things here and there with it but it was running good. out of no where the engine started to act up like it was running out of gas! but that is impossible i have a half of tank of 93 oct sitting in the tank. ok so i did the following. took the plugs out they where a nice light brown (not to rich not too lean) since i had the plugs out i did a compression test and i got 220 all accross. took off the fuel line. had fuel pumping when i turned the key. took the injectors out but left them on the fuel rail got a nice symphony of gas spay so that rules out fuel. timing now i took off the valve cover put the crank at TDC the arrows where perfect right up there not even a tooth off. i tried playing with the dizzy when my boy was starting it and it wanted to start but it didn't. what could i be looking at why is it wanting to start but something is not letting it?!!! :bash: :rant: :shrug2: :hmm: :rawr:

It sounds like the coil in the distributor is starting to fail. Try a new one from another car, she if it cures the problem.

i know it's not about his question but...i don't know how to say it bear with me.

If I have an obd0 dizzy, and I put an obd1 coil in it, would it work as if it were an obd1 or are there more differences inside the dizzy and it probably wouldn't work at all?

good question i do have an obd1 dizzy in my basement i am going to try it in a few mins and i will let you know if it works!

changed the coil and nothing it did the same exact thing what else could i look for, it wants to start it almost started but it boogled out it is not catching what else can i look for??

brand new cap and rota so i rule that out i think the dizzy is toast i am going to put on my d series one and see what happens

sounds like it has to be a spark problem for sure, if its an obd 1 dizzy, you can test your distributor with the larger connector for all the sensors in the dizzy, might be a tdc sensor in the dizzy, anyways first thing i would try is like you said, switching ove the dizzy, only one bolt will fit, might be your ignitor in the dizzy on its way out, not like honda's arent common for ignitors to go right... and the d series and b series ignitors are interchangable, i took the one from my d series put it in my b series, and the car started right up.

but id also grab a wiring diagram to test for continuity between all sensors in the dizzy! :)

You can use an LS Dizzy (I think)!! Since they have the same firing order as a GSR I dont believe it matters!! Stop me if Im wrong but I do beleive any B-Series Dizzy will work!!

did you check the starter.....last night my cx just died on me too....when i turn the key the radio goes dim and i hear cliking inside....its not the battery....i dont know what it could be..... tonight i will check the starter.......i hope you find out whats going on with yours.....

nah it is the dizzy for sure the coil was busted and the pointer was rusted like nothing so the whole dizzy is fucked point blank

Back