It wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gonein11

My motor wont start,I have a 97 civic ex wire harness on it. All the thottle body and intake manifold sensors are hooked up.A sensor by the crank pulley (it goes to the oil pan).the cat and the o2 sensor are not hooked up. I started the motor when it was in the interga its started fine.somes friends say it may be timing or air in the fuel line.I'm ready too call it quits and take it to a shop. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! (97 b18b motor, 96 civic coupe)

yeah, if you have no fuel just turn the car to the on position and let it sit without starting it for a 30 seconds so that the fuel pump turns on and gets fuel into the line. then try to start it. If it just winnes but doesn't sound like it is turning over. then you have no compression and the timing is off.

Darin

compare the disrtibutor wires on the Ex harness with the wires on the B16B distributor plug, look and see if there are the same number of wires on both sides.

The engine is grounded and so is the tranny.I tried puting it in the on position and waiting, it still wont start.The harness matches the distributor, does anybody know a good site to show me a step by step on how to change the harness.

Back