Italian's swap (info about ECU)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luporum

Hi, i'm writing from Italy, i'm searching some information to do my swap. I saw a lot of interesting thread, but probably european civic has little difference.
I have a 5 doors Civic made in England '98 MB4 (the floor and body suspension are the same of EG) with a D16B2 engine (non Vtec)and S1LA automatic transmission. The ECU is P1K-E63 OBD1. I found a Vtec engine D16Y2, with manual transmission. The ECU is P1H-E11 OBD1. I would have a Vtec with automatic transmission. I bought a P28-A52, but i need a wiring diagram of the connector of the ECU, so i could do the right wiring. I have the engine wires of the Vtec car, so i would "put togheter" the wires...

I'm searching the wiring diagram of the ecu (P28-A52), and i found something in the net, but i have not notice about P1K-E63 (non Vtec auto) and P1H-E11 (Vtec manual).

Help me to do this Frankenstine...
hyper.gif

Thanks,

Francesco

Last edited:
SYNOPSIS

This article exploits a combination of ECU pin locations and wire colors for all M/T '92-95 Civic / '92-95 Integra / '92-95 Prelude VTEC and NON-VTEC vehicles.
OBD1 PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the common onboard male connectors for a Honda OBD1 ECU.
Take note of plugs: A, B, and D.

The 4-plug OBD1 connector image below is proof these do exist and are usually found on JDM AUTO 92-95 Civic, Integra, and Preludes.
Sorry - I do not have pin schematics for the JDM 4-plug OBD1 ecu! Although, connectors A B D should technically be the same pin locations as a 5spd 3-plug OBD1 ECU.

plugs2.jpg

obd1.pin.schematics.gif

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

These pin-out locations were cross-referenced with OBD1 Civic/Integra/Prelude Helm's service manuals.

The information in this article applies to:

• All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T civic ecu's
  • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T integra ecu's
  • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T prelude ecu's

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.

I have a OBDI with A,B,D connectors, like the first photo. I found the list of the pins on the net, for P28 it is ok, but for the harnes of my car it is not ok...

For example, P28 ecu has A1,A2,A3 and A5 for the injectors, my harnes has A1,A2,A3,A4...

So i need a pinout of my harnes, and next i have to cut & joint wire by wire...:eek:

The problem is:

P1K-E63 OBD1 pinout...

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, why cut the harness when if I'm not mistaken that the pins are removable and can be put in different slots, i would say get the pigtail ends and just have a blank one and move one to the other, but thats just my 2 cents, I typically try not to cut my harness but thats why i said that. -Gary

Out of curiosity, why cut the harness when if I'm not mistaken that the pins are removable and can be put in different slots, i would say get the pigtail ends and just have a blank one and move one to the other, but thats just my 2 cents, I typically try not to cut my harness but thats why i said that. -Gary

Oh yes... I wrote cut & joint, but i could move pin by pin... But the Ecu are different. P1k & P28 have the same connectors A,B,D, but different pinouts.

For example, P28 ecu has A1,A2,A3 and A5 for the injectors, my harnes has A1,A2,A3,A4... (A4 is the vtec, but i will have vtec after swap...)

The problem is my actually ecu (P1k). I can't follow wire by wire my harness...:(
I hope to find it as soon as possible...:)

Thanks

Francesco

switch the pins dont cut the wires
if your using and obd1 p28 ecu the picture and diagram above tells you everthing you need to know switch the pins and have a nice day figure it out its not that hard

Last edited:
switch the pins dont cut the wires
if your using and obd1 p28 ecu the picture and diagram above tells you everthing you need to know switch the pins and have a nice day figure it out its not that hard

Yes, i know...

But my problem is my actually harness/pinouts of my ecu...

So i need a pinout of the P1k or P1h.

If i know all the addres of my wires i have no problem...

Thanks.

you are going from the PK1 to the P28 right ?
Yes, i have a D series (D16B2 sohc non vtec) and i'll do a mini-me, with a D16Y2 head. But i have an automatic transmission, so i bought (from USA) a P28-A52. With this ecu i will use the vtec and automatic transmission.

I could be the one and only automatic-vtec in Italy...

In usa you make a lot of mini-me, i saw very interesting post, but... My problem is only european/italian
problem...
204632.jpg

This is a car like mine, but it isn't my car (my car is black, but totally black!)

civic093vior0.jpg

P.S. This is a Civic MB, the body (floor), F&R suspension are the same of EG! The engine starts from D14 (90hp) to B18 (170hp).

Bye.

Last edited:
i'm just trying to help if your going to get snippy peppy then find out for your self

i'm just trying to help if your going to get snippy peppy then find out for your self

Thanks for your help. I could be more snippy & peppy, but it is very difficult. The last chance is follow wire by wire.

I need only the pinouts, i wouldn't damage anything.

If you could help me i will be happy, if you coldn't, don't worry...

Bye

Hi,

i'm surfing in the net and i found some information. I found Helms manual, there is something about european civic MA,MB, but not for the ecu's wiring...

I have a Haynes manual, but there is all of wiring diagram... But not Ecu's diagram...

I hope to find something about it, if some one have more information, please colud give to me?

Thanks

Francesco

Back