itb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evin

I have a k20a2 as a daily driver that will be raced on weekend and at events at the dragway. Right now i have the stock intake and want to do itb but Some people are telling me "Not to go itb cuz I will not see much more hp till I do some internal work and itbs are the worst intake for daily drivers cuz you will suck dirt and water in". Im wondering if any one is running itb and daily driving them? how long have you been daily driving them? pros and cons?
Ive also seen pics of intake boxes that go over the itbs and have a filter. Any one know of the company that makes that? (if I can find the pic I will post) I've also seen just filter that cover the itb. Will this keep my motor clean and well filtered enuff for daily driving?

itbs give good throttle response and "sound cool", but there are other things i would upgrade first. I would get come good cams and a quality i/h/e with a GREAT tune.

I once heard you needed to run atleast stage 2 cams to have ITBs make any big diff but i could be wrong. However i dont think ITBs would be a problem daily driving. it woulnt get as good milage but im sure aslong as not alot of water gets in your engine bay and you dont drive around many dirty roads youl be fine. I think they make small filters for ITBS also so you can dialy drive them to avoid sucking in any dust or dirt

damn, i was hoping they got pulled over and arrested for being fucktards in an s2k on public streets.

nah.. i was just referencing how loud ITBs can be
i know what you were looking at. i was just hoping they got in trouble. it would be a win-win for educational puposes. ^_^

ITBs are loud and will get you pulled over..

YouTube - Honda S2000

I need that sound in my life, and I promise I wont drive like an asshole in the city either.

OP, start doing a lot of legwork, talking to tuners and their customers, you are going to want to talk to people who have street driven ITB setups to find out what issues they have and who was their tuner.

Back