1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITB's for my LS/vtec...oh yeah

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by hybrid89, Apr 13, 2004.

1. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

most of you, like me, probably saw the thread about homemade ITB's on here a week or so ago. I want to build some and I had some questions for you guys out there that have street bikes. to make this short, I want to build a set for my NA LS/Vtec. I've seen sets on egay and at stores. my questions are..
    1. is there a difference in TB bore size between say a GSXR 600 and 1000? (I am assuming there is, but don't know.)
    2. Is there a big difference between manufacturers?(Honda vs. Suzuki)spacing/function?
    I kinda thought I would try doing this before I get my car back together. I have a friend that is a sick welder and I can make the flange, he makes the runners/adapters and wallah......Homemade ITB's. If you guys have any sites you could refer me to as far as the info I'm looking for or know yourself, please shout out.

matt

oh yeah....I would really like to use the 954 just to keep it Honda! maybe I'm weird?

2. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

there is a difference in the two, majority of the members from HT are going with the 1k's

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

do you have any pics? sounds like a cool project. youll have one loudass honda.

4. h82w8

h82w8 Senior Member

go to d-series .org and check their forums' stickys. one them say's my itb setup

it has a big discussion about this. he has a video on the site too. he used the cbr itb's and your not wierd for sticking honda they actually say on there that the cbr itb's have the closest spacing ( of course they are talking about a d-series block).<_< and getting the map sensor to not freak out is always fun. :)

p.s. look for that video it is badass he just shows how the engine runs with it .

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

from what i've seen everywhere, the 929RR ITB's are the easiest to use...

from what i think, spend the couple hundred more and get some TWR or whatever that company name is

6. hybrid89

are u talking bout TWM?

matt

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yeah, that's it. damn 3-letter names. lol

8. hybrid89

I can only find them for a b18 and h series? GSR head might be a bitch!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted