ITB's for my LS/vtec...oh yeah

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
most of you, like me, probably saw the thread about homemade ITB's on here a week or so ago. I want to build some and I had some questions for you guys out there that have street bikes. to make this short, I want to build a set for my NA LS/Vtec. I've seen sets on egay and at stores. my questions are..
1. is there a difference in TB bore size between say a GSXR 600 and 1000? (I am assuming there is, but don't know.)
2. Is there a big difference between manufacturers?(Honda vs. Suzuki)spacing/function?
I kinda thought I would try doing this before I get my car back together. I have a friend that is a sick welder and I can make the flange, he makes the runners/adapters and wallah......Homemade ITB's. If you guys have any sites you could refer me to as far as the info I'm looking for or know yourself, please shout out.

matt

oh yeah....I would really like to use the 954 just to keep it Honda! maybe I'm weird?

go to d-series .org and check their forums' stickys. one them say's my itb setup

it has a big discussion about this. he has a video on the site too. he used the cbr itb's and your not wierd for sticking honda they actually say on there that the cbr itb's have the closest spacing ( of course they are talking about a d-series block).<_< and getting the map sensor to not freak out is always fun. :)

p.s. look for that video it is badass he just shows how the engine runs with it .

from what i've seen everywhere, the 929RR ITB's are the easiest to use...

from what i think, spend the couple hundred more and get some TWR or whatever that company name is

Back