ITBs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MoSeS

ive been searching on google trying to find itbs for my d16 but it doesn't look like anybody makes them. so does anyone know how to make custom itbs and what all i would have to do to make them work properly? ive heard that you have to get an engine management of some kind.

... Pointless.

You gain like 4 HP. Then you lose it when you have to rig up a filter box for 'em for street use.

^ +1
There is nothing you will gain from ITB's (with a box) that you wouldnt get from a good intake system & a port 'n' polish of the I/M.

no offense but i didn't ask how much i would gain with it. nor did i ask if it would be worth it, i asked if anyone knew how to do it.

Step 1: Buy ITBs.

Step 2: take your manifold off, saw it in half and drill/tap mounting surfaces for said ITBs.

Step 3: Rig up a simple vaccum system

Step 4: Rig up a throttle linkage and TPS.

Step 5: Sit back, after having spent over 1000 on useless crap, and marvel at the rigged up mechanical nightmare you've just created.

Step 6: Post it on the intardnet, take a victory dance, then sit in the corner and cry about it because it was totally pointless.

Step 1: Buy ITBs.

Step 2: take your manifold off, saw it in half and drill/tap mounting surfaces for said ITBs.

Step 3: Rig up a simple vaccum system

Step 4: Rig up a throttle linkage and TPS.

Step 5: Sit back, after having spent over 1000 on useless crap, and marvel at the rigged up mechanical nightmare you've just created.

Step 6: Post it on the intardnet, take a victory dance, then sit in the corner and cry about it because it was totally pointless.

+1

We figured you (thread starter) had something else to keep you occupied :)

Y would you flame this guy, HondaTuning magazine did a write up on a d16y8 with itb's. It made really good power on the dyno and the whole setup was homemade. Honda Tuning Magazine Table of Contents - February 2005
I thought i still had the copy of it but it is in this mag. So before you flame, know what your talking about.

Your article link doesnt work.

Also - to spend an obscene amount of time making something that will only net more power over a stock CAI at the track (not on the street, because you will need to filter the air using a box) is not very productive.

If he said, "I wanna have ITB's to be unique" - then thats different.

For the price of ITB's on a d16, you could have a working junkyard turbo setup.

The link works fine for me, maby you think it dosn't work because it dosn't show the article just the mag it is in and the title of the article and brief description. TRY READING THE PAGE!

Dude, ITBs for a D-series is not too expensive. There are plenty of guys on D-series.org with ITBs. I myself have GSXR1000 throttles but haven't installed them(for my D15B-VTEC). This is the easiest way probably(details on d-series.org) ; get some CBR throttles(600, 929, 954, etc...they're already spaced correctly), modify the linkage, build a vacuum log, cut up the stock manifold and weld up some runners or buy a OBX manifold and cut off the plenum, connect the itb's to the manifold via couplers, wire up the TPS(the CBR ones uses the same range as the stock Honda cars) and vacuum hoses, and it should work.

For those who say the gain is miniscule, Bambooseven(HT magazine) went from like 115-120whp to 135whp just from adding ITB's+tuned on VAFC(built from GSXR1000 throttles though) on his gf's Y8 civic.

The link works fine for me, maby you think it dosn't work because it dosn't show the article just the mag it is in and the title of the article and brief description. TRY READING THE PAGE!

Look at this screen shot - that link is not for the article.

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    30.6 KB · Views: 297
For those who say the gain is miniscule, Bambooseven(HT magazine) went from like 115-120whp to 135whp just from adding ITB's+tuned on VAFC(built from GSXR1000 throttles though) on his gf's Y8 civic.

So how much did that cost?

You have to pay for throttles and tune the damn thing for 15hp . . . :lame:

Junkyard Turbo > JDM TI4GHT ITB'S 2Fast2Furious NawZ y0!

Curious how much of that 15hp came from the tune itself.

and of course, it was tested with no filter, right? He wont be streeting it with no filter.. that would be madness.

Its a dead horse. Please let it have an open casket funeral.

^ :fosho:

To drive a car with those everyday you will need to place some restrictive filter element over them to keep your motor from sucking in sand/dirt/dust.

ITBs are expensive, give minimal HP gains (at the track), and are completely unstreetable.

Your money would be better spent at a midget donkey show.

Dude, 15whp for a D-series is a lot(a high-end N/A D-series is around 150-160whp). Cam that motor with something like a Crower 2 and tune, it'll be in the 140hp ball-park. The guy got that much hp using no filter but with a filter its only like -2whp. There are guys running 13s with just 135whp also.

Oh yea, that ITB setup cost him only about $180 in parts(he spent about $150 on the ITBs, they can be had for as low as $50 if you look in the right places). There was a guy on D-series building the manifolds for about $100, and complete setups for $200(cbr600 throttles) but haven't seen him on anymore. The GSXR1000 throttles need a little more modification to make work(extended the tabs and spacing), while the CBRs just need the linkage modified so it'll idle right. Some people even have perfect idle with ITBs.

The car was already tuned when it got ~120whp(with the VAFC).

All you need to know about D-series: D-series.org or Blanco on this site. Ignore everyone else.

just wondering, where the hell did you guys get $1000 for ITB's for a D-series? You can get a set put together for less than that. I've spent about $60 so far, just waiting on a manifold(working on a DPFI flange and tapered offset runners, and raising the port on the engine).

Last edited:
Look at this screen shot - that link is not for the article.

Isn't that what i said? The link is to show the magazine the article is in not for the article itself, therefore the link works, Jeez:rolleyes:. I thought i still had the article in my stack but i must have thrown that one away. ITB's ftw.

Back