ITR 5 Lug Conversion - CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm-ef8

I heard that there's a lot of work to make the 5 lug conversion work in a CRX... not like EGs and DAs who can bolt it straight in...

Advice.

Are your wheels falling off with only 4 lugs? I would guess that this is a purely cosmetic upgrade. I would vote "not worth the hassle"

If you are going for bigger brakes, just get bigger brakes for a crx.

Wow. That's a great article! The install really doesn't look that hard at all to me.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 4 2005, 06:29 PM
Are your wheels falling off with only 4 lugs?  I would guess that this is a purely cosmetic upgrade.  I would vote "not worth the hassle"

If you are going for bigger brakes, just get bigger brakes for a crx.
[post=535903]Quoted post[/post]​

Very true, but thats a good article.

I mean, its not even something people will notice . . ."y0 d4Wg, Iz dAt an Eye-Tee-Argh lug c0nv3rsion??!?!?" [/ricer]

Just doesnt seem worth it - no point in spending the time/money on something that adds very little functionality whatsoever to your vehicle. Even if you were getting the conversion for ITR wheels, then your money would be better spent on some aftermarket spoon knockoffs.

Calk another one up for "not worth the hassle".

The brakes and the novelty. You gain like an inch diameter all the way around.

But you could do that with aftermarket stuff that was designed for the crx. Maybe get two or more piston calipers and slotted rotors while your at it.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 5 2005, 09:52 AM
You don't do it for the wheels... you do it for the brakes.
[post=536135]Quoted post[/post]​

The ghetto people of Springfield MA do it for the wheels -> jdm y0

. . . i hate it

Thanks for the input guys... I think I'll steer clear of the 5 lug... now I just need to find some 90-91 EX knuckles.

Originally posted by phyregod+Aug 5 2005, 10:18 AM-->
The brakes and the novelty. You gain like an inch diameter all the way around.

But you could do that with aftermarket stuff that was designed for the crx. Maybe get two or more piston calipers and slotted rotors while your at it.
[post=536175]Quoted post[/post]​

The number of pistons isn't wnat matters- it's the piston area and the pad area. Going from 9.5 to 11.1 inches is actually a really big jump in braking power and control. If the parts are available for not too much money, you can have awesome braking power and control in an OEM reliable package. Some of the good quality aftermarket calipers have characteristics that you don't want to deal with on a daily basis. :) Plus an OEM brake setup is much easier to find parts for at the store.

jdm-ef8
@Aug 5 2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the input guys... I think I'll steer clear of the 5 lug... now I just need to find some 90-91 EX knuckles.
[post=536213]Quoted post[/post]​

90-91 EX knuckles will get you upgraded to 10.3 inch rotors. It's still a big improvement, but it's not at the level of the ITR brakes. I'm not saying it's bad though- 10.3 inches will still haul a CRX down from speed really well.

Calesta - I know what you're saying... but it seems like it's not worth the hassle to go the ITR 5 lug route...

Again, thanks everyone for the input.

Back