ITR ('98-01 vs. 96-97)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

Been looking @ totaljdm for reliable engine swaps.
According to the info listed on the site (and most other sources I've checked) there is no diff. between the 98-01 and the 96-97 b18cR, besides the mileage. Is the 10K mile diff the reason why the 98-01 engine $300 more expensive?
If that is the reason, do you guys think that 10Kmiles is worth 300bux?

P.S. Why do some source have the ITR as 210hp and some 198hp (same for the torque)? Its always diff. wherever you look? I guess there's no real way to know unless you put your engine on the dyno?!

-Drink OldE

Honda rates them all at 195hp, or somewhere around there, maybe 200, when I get home to my computer I can look it all up.

96-97 JDM ITRs have a 4.400 final drive, 4-2-1 manifold (like the US models only with a 2.5" collector), black oil cap, silver/aloy look spark plug wire cover

98-01 JDM ITRs have a 4.785 final drive, stronger springs on the intake side, the 4-1 header, chrome oil cap, CF-look spark plug wire cover,

00-01 JDM ITRs have slightly more agressive intake cams (same as the CTR)

those are the differences i can think of off the top of my head... theres probly a few others

Back