itr block into a 94 civic vtec(b16a2)??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

hi ppl im :D new to this forum. this forum looks like it has ppl in it that know what they are doing any way need advice gonna change my b16a2 for an itr block just wanna know in my eg9 what parts will i need to complete this swap and will the engine go straight in without xchanging mounts.so far i feel that i will need engine ecu and wiring loom is that so,ALSO anybody done this swap and how good is it working made any difference speed wise etc?? ;) thx for ure time ppl :spin:

first off you should check what type of engine is actually in your car.
if it is still the stock engine and it is vtec then it's a D16 which is sohc and not a B16 which is dohc

go to the garage and take a peak, if the spark plug wires run down the back of the valve cover and are exposed then its a D engine, if they are in a chanel down the center of the valve cover then it's a B

well, he said it is a B16A2 so i'm sure he knows what he's talking about. as for the block swap, all you need is the block, everything you have will mount to it, use your existing wire harness you can get a new ecu, or get your current one chipped with ITR specs.

:ditto:

you will basically need all gaskets, head bolts (apr's good), timing belt & accessories, water pump etc.

since you'll have the block out you should beef it up and up the compression if you're planning to go na.

yeah, all you need is the block, I would always change these parts if my motor is apart (water pump, timing belt, new gaskets, new bolts for the head)

Milan

seanjuan haha of course my engine is a b16a2 im not that pathetic,ive been playing with these engines since i was a kid just dnt know about the engine swap.anyways thx for the replies ppl ;) !!! so someone mention compression increase how should i go about that thinner headgasket like spoons and compression pistons!! seen as its a straight forward engine swap then how long should it take me about a day???? :spin:

yea, you dont even need to pull the tranny. just one motor mount on the driver's side by the timing belt cover. pull the head, put it on the itr block and put it back in the car. and ur done.

seanjuan haha of course my engine is a b16a2 im not that pathetic

sorry, didn't mean to insult you. I guess when I read the topic and it had the question marks after the b16a2 it made it seem like you didn't know if it was a b16 or not, and since there is a sohc vtec that was in some 94's I guess that was the track I was on when I replied

I get a little messed up at work too, lack of sleep, to much coffee, and staring at a computer screen and saying "sure boss" starts you thinking crazy things

didn't mean to be a dick

good luck with the block swap, I'd like to hear how it goes once you are done. I might do that a year or so down the road as well.

Sean

edit: it was partially the "noob" under your name that lead me to believe you might not know what you are talking about as well :newbie: jk

no worries seanjuan chill, ok then i will have to change a mount before i can get it in still i hope its not much of a prob.what about the fuel pump do i need to change that??

no, your fuel pump is fine

will the type r engine respond aswell as it does in the type r itself i mean for example the type r will have a better transmission lighter flywheel etc.although someone told me that after he finished with his conversion his civic with the typer engine was hitting 0-60mph in sub 6 secs could that be right as the actual type r only does it in 6.7 secs?? ;)

Back