itr block jdm vs. usdm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CTR

I have the chance to buy a usdm itr block. I have a b16b now, but want to put the ctr head on a 1.8. Should I buy the block?

no. if you want more diplacement just grab a gsr crank, along with rods and pistons. the b16b block and the b18c5 are exactly the same, except for the parts previously mentioned. the heads are pretty similar too, but you have the better cams already since you have a ctr setup.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 24 2003, 08:41 AM
no. if you want more diplacement just grab a gsr crank, along with rods and pistons. the b16b block and the b18c5 are exactly the same, except for the parts previously mentioned. the heads are pretty similar too, but you have the better cams already since you have a ctr setup.

:werd:

Wait Wait Wait - you are telling me that the B16 and B18 blocks are the same block. Therefore if i put GSR or ITR crank, pistons, and rods into my JDM B16 i will have 1.8Liter displacement with my 8200 rpm redline?

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 24 2003, 05:08 PM
Wait Wait Wait - you are telling me that the B16 and B18 blocks are the same block. Therefore if i put GSR or ITR crank, pistons, and rods into my JDM B16 i will have 1.8Liter displacement with my 8200 rpm redline?

nope. only the b16b has the same deck height as the b18 engines. b16a has a smaller deck height.

97CTR- yea all you need is the gsr or itr crank and rods. you should keep your pistons though. they are higher dome then ITR or GSR. with that setup you should have about 11.7-11.8 compression.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 24 2003, 05:36 PM-->
Cashizslick
@Sep 24 2003, 05:08 PM

nope. only the b16b has the same deck height as the b18 engines. b16a has a smaller deck height.

97CTR- yea all you need is the gsr or itr crank and rods. you should keep your pistons though. they are higher dome then ITR or GSR. with that setup you should have about 11.7-11.8 compression.

so would CTR rods and pistons fit in a B16A?

Back