ITR cam fraud

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=719686&page=1

:cliffs: On ebay, as well as other sites, people are making boot leg honda packages, lables, and trying to sell the cams as ITR cams. Things to look out for are:

Pink packageing of the cams. Real ones are wraped in orange packageing
Burs on the cams
Bronze color lobes. Real ones are a dark silver color
Fake boxes have one large tab to open them, real ones have 2 small tabs to open.

Here are the real specs on the real cams

Following Cams Measured at 1mm of lift:
Integra Type-R(Through 1999 Spec)
Int-240 dur. / 11.5mm lift
Exh-235 dur. / 10.5mm lift

Civic Type-R And Integra Type-R(Integra Type R 2000/01 Spec)
Int-243 dur. / 11.5mm lift
Exh-235 dur. / 10.5mm lift

Can a mod please sticky this. It looks as if this is a real problem.

A few years ago, Toda had the same problem, and now on toda's website, they have the ways to distinguish between the two.

hmmm, weird ,i bought my cams on ebay from the second auction that says that is a fake, they were on pink bags, but they have the oem marks and they give me the desired power,maybe that cam of thet guy were b16acams putted on CTR cam boxes

s3f8f41e804e31.jpg

s3f8f421e57e7f.jpg

just to add to this.. my CTR intake cam came in a pink packaging, directly from honda japan.

my ITR exhaust cam came directly from honda also in a pink package... I ordered both cams myself and spoke directly with honda to order the ITR one, as it was a special order and took about 2 weeks to get in.

Ya, all the motor parts I have bought from Honda have come in pink bags, never seen an orange bag, just pink and clear.

THanks for the info, I am about to buy some an needed this info looked everywhere and of COURSE HondaSwap is where I find it.

THANks

i would try starting a new thread rather than threadjacking a sticky.. may get your more results.

Holy bringing shit back from the dead there chief!!

Back